Why is the lynx port located in Japanese?

I have always wondered about this, but never got around to asking. /usr/ports/Japanese seems like a strange location to find this port. Does anyone know the background explanation about this?

lynx has for several years lost color highlighting even when selected (on most or all installs here). The ja-lynx-2.8.7.r1 unexpectedly restored the former color highlighting, so I've been using it instead, deinstalling the usual one.

jb_fvwm2 said:
lynx has for several years lost color highlighting even when selected (on most or all installs here).
Do you use any special settings regarding terminals by any chance? Because I get the impression this could be more related to your setup than Lynx. I've been using www/lynx on FreeBSD ever since I started this year (since February this year) and never had any issues with the colours.

This is on a server (VPS) which I normally only access using SSH.

If I knew which were relevant and/or special, I could answer (a conglomerate of hints, cut-n-paste from other user's dotfile, etc.). Maybe related to the inability here to compile a third of GNOME programs due to a hidden gettext bug or stray file somewhere, that has persisted year after year. For the time being I simply a fix that is used daily and broken and workaround the rest; all I have time for.

Back