Other Which Window Manager for Virtualbox?

I'm interested in people's preferences for Window Manger when running Virtualbox.

Any reccommedations?
If your computer has enough resources, use whatever WM or DE you see it's easy to setup and beautiful to look at. Why so hardcore?

I like i3 but often use Awesome instead. Awesome is also a tiling window manager, similar to i3, but has a few options for using the mouse. I like keyboard controls but sometimes it's just easier to open a menu or move a window using the mouse.

If the question is about a lightweight windomanager, I would say:

(1) cwm if you learn how to use it.

(2) twm if you know unix since long ago and you have more important things to do than to expend time on windowsmanagers.

(3) fvwm if you manage to configure it as it is in openbsd by default (freebsd configuration = fatware).

These seems to be the more stable and usable ones.

I like i3 but often use Awesome instead. Awesome is also a tiling window manager, similar to i3, but has a few options for using the mouse. I like keyboard controls but sometimes it's just easier to open a menu or move a window using the mouse.
Tried Awesome yesterday as my i3status suddenly missing. First impression is as its name, awesome! I will play it around to explore more about this wm. Thanks for suggesting this alternative SirDice

Back