Which book do you plan to read.

If I understood FFT when it was taught in one of my college classes 20 years ago, I'd be one of the guys behind making Bluetooth even possible.
Probably (but not sure) we could have Bluetooth or equivalent without FFT, but it would take much more efforts to achieve it.

DSC06401.JPG

It may seem inappropriate to post a book featuring a penguin on the FreeBSD forums.
The author was the network engineer for the United States Antarctic Program, and he may have taken that photo himself. He didn't just choose the picture because it's a symbol for Linux.
Although he sometimes talks about Linux and OS X, most of his screenshots seem to be from windows8 and PuTTY. PuTTY is something that is especially popular with windows users so the book has very little to do with Linux.
It is more about general practical skills for configuring networks and working with switches and routers.

I have a copy of Knuth TAOCP 4B on its way. Slightly exciting.
The facimiles? They are on my reading list, also. Let's hope they are on my understanding list as well. But I somehow doubt that I can grok everything in there.

The facimiles? They are on my reading list, also. Let's hope they are on my understanding list as well. But I somehow doubt that I can grok everything in there.
You mean the fascicles? No, volume 4B (second volume of combinatorial searching) was published late last year.

Fully understanding everything in the books isn't a realistic goal IMO. I could follow volume 2 fairly well. 1 and 3 moderately. 4A and 4B are more esoteric for me, but still enjoyable to read.

Back