Then run:
Code:
# pkg upgrade evince

For ports:
Code:
# portmaster libreoffice
Code:
# portmaster evince

Do not mix ports and pkg. If you installed your 3rd party programs with pkg, stick with it.

Don't update single packages. Just run pkg upgrade and update everything in one go. The reason is that upgrading a single package may or may not fix dependencies.
Yep. It shows me an error.
Trying with
Code:
 portmaster -a

Another question: what is
Code:
 pkg-static
And which is the difference between it and
Code:
 pkg

Yep. It shows me an error.
Trying with
Code:
 portmaster -a

That's because you have to install sysutils/portmaster before you can use it, and if you used pkg to install your programs shouldn't be using it anyway.

I have always used ports exclusively, so my knowledge of using pkg on FreeBSD is limited at best.

That's because you have to install sysutils/portmaster before you can use it, and if you used pkg to install your programs shouldn't be using it anyway.

I have always used ports exclusively, so my knowledge of using pkg on FreeBSD is limited at best.
It's already installed. Now what?

It doesn't matter if you don't have have great knowledge of pkg. I use most of the time pkg. But it doesn't matter that you do not know something, I don't know much either. So, thanks for any help that you can give me.
But i need to ask:
What are portmaster and portsnap? If i don't wrong, they are utilities for manage the ports, right?

It's already installed. Now what?

No harm/No foul. Just don't use it if you used pkg to install your programs. Or deinstall it:

Code:
cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster
make deinstall clean

(Yes, I like to do things step by step and know it can be combined with &&.)

But i need to ask:
What are portmaster and portsnap? If i don't wrong, they are utilities for manage the ports, right?

sysutils/portmaster is a tool to automate (in a sense) installing ports.

What is portsnap....

Nobody bothered to mention to me 13 years ago in the PC-BSD forums it was a command when I was looking for /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portsnap and I had to figure out using ports on my own. All the better for me.

But it is a command to extract and or update your ports tree. Check out man portsnap.

I must not have read the Handboook or man pages back then. :rolleyes:

Back