Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 21 or more

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't tell

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Note, I did not say that an invasion will happen.

As long as it does not, Russian citizens are very welcome to visit my sites. According to the Google search console for obsigna.com, Russia is ranking by visits on #4 after 1. Germany, 2. US, 3. Brazil.

As long as it does not, I will happily continue to discuss with you and others from your great country any issues about FreeBSD here on the Forums, and some off-topics of my interest as well.

That said, a war in Europe would be a game changer in many respects. And everybody should be aware of this.
obsigna : That kind of stuff can get you banned again.

astyle, I was never banned on these forums. Whatever you found, you misunderstood it. All the time when reading the one or the other of your posts it is immediately clear to me that you assume too much and know too little.

Maybe unfortunate confusion about ob… nicknames and an incident involving toxity from someone (not obsigna) who had multiple accounts.

@obnoxious (deleted member 66267) was warned before two accounts were banned.

<https://forums.freebsd.org/members/obnoxious.66158/> | <https://forums.freebsd.org/members/failure.66267/>

Take this as a plea for calm, and maybe an opportunity for apologies.

Serendipity moves in a mysterious way,
 Her wonders to perform;
She plants her footsteps in the search,
 And rides upon the forum …

– through seeking the word banned (to discover who was banned), I stumbled across some very pleasant sentiments. The sentiments were not what I sought, but they're very timely. I might quote them later.

Apologies to @William Cowper for twisting his words.

That said, if you are neurodivergent and an ignore list is the only way for you to attempt to get involved in a large community, then absolutely go for it.
If this was so simple... First, you would need to decide when to ignore people, so you need to create some sort of criterium, how to do that? The only alternative is to ignore everything from the beginning or wait until your brain farts. Second problem, ignoring leads only to a greater confusion later, and makes things even worse.
It's equally easy to forget minor and major behavioural disagreements online, no need to ignore or block.
Not everyone can forget, and it can be devastating before everything reaches that stage.

As for this invasion thing, blocking all Russians is not a good idea. Not all Russians are psychopaths and sadists, by blocking them all you just help P**tin with reaching his goals. And without "useful idiots" from (all) other countries his politics criminal activity would be impossible, so you would need to block everyone. The greatest weapon is truth, so help with spreading it.

(And "not so serious" advice for Ukraine: you should "attack" some NATO countries, this way NATO would need to send its troops to your territory, and P. won't be able to attack you without attacking the NATO ;) )

I can't stress it enough. Please don't post about politics. I don't want the thread to be closed.

The FreeBSD forums aim to build and maintain a friendly and co-operative user community. As such, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, political, religious, threatening, sexually-orientated or otherwise divisive or combative material, or anything that may violate any applicable laws.

I think this thread will eventually get trashed anyway. There is nothing to discuss other than declaring in vague or not so vague terms which groups of people each of us doesn't like.

I ignore people by not paying attention to them. It's just like skimming through news articles. I don't need any software to do that, and I'm not going to vote in this trollish poll.

astyle, I was never banned on these forums. Whatever you found, you misunderstood it. All the time when reading the one or the other of your posts it is immediately clear to me that you assume too much and know too little.
Yeah. I guess let's leave it at that, live and learn. 😑 Same thing can be said about anyone who gives a 'lazy' reaction.

I ignore people by not paying attention to them. It's just like skimming through news articles. I don't need any software to do that
Yeah, but that takes some discipline. Putting in the effort to set up an ignore list is akin to shouting out loud 'I am gonna ignore you' to the offenders. I'd say, most of the time, it's really a mental thing, a.k.a. PEBKAC or Code 18 if someone is unable to ignore what's on the screen. Step away and have a beer, coffee, or even go for a walk outside. 😩

Yeah. I guess let's leave it at that, live and learn. 😑 Same thing can be said about anyone who gives a 'lazy' reaction.

Yeah, but that takes some discipline. Putting in the effort to set up an ignore list is akin to shouting out loud 'I am gonna ignore you' to the offenders. I'd say, most of the time, it's really a mental thing, a.k.a. PEBKAC or Code 18 if someone is unable to ignore what's on the screen. Step away and have a beer, coffee, or even go for a walk outside. 😩

I don''t know why I should have to bother to look up PEBKAC, code 18, or any of the other weird acronyms people have been throwing around lately.

I assert that a "What's the size of your ignore list?" poll is an obvious troll. I feel confident that any behavior so extreme that it would prompt me to block someone, would ultimately be handled by the moderators anyway. This ain't Facebook, and this ain't the Yahoo message boards of times long past. Yes, I'm an adult, yes, I have enough discipline to be responsible for my own behavior. I'm grown up enough that I'm not going to have a meltdown over some childish behavior which might be directed at me by some other member. Frankly, I've always liked this forum, but it ain't emotionally important to me like that.

Having said that, I'll admit that I've already fed this thread with two more posts than I should have, and two more posts than anybody should have. You quoted me, and I replied. I'm anonymous, just like most people here, and if that makes me just another troll, or a fish, then so be it. If anyone want to chalk up a point, and claim that I got caught in their net, I won't dispute it, but this is my last comment on this thread. I'm done with it.

PEBKAC? That's almost as old as dee-ten-dee-eee (imagine working at an electronics parts store and customer asks you for one). I confess code-18 is new to me. Not many Quebecers (quebecois) here.

Back