What the "story" behind your username?

Long, long time ago I was using a16b03 nickname (Aldis Berjoza born 16.03.1986), many folks complained about it, being hard to remember :D

Then I started playing AstroEmpires... There was guild called The Smurfs... I joined them..,
It was funny company, with smurf jokes, smurf lexicon ("Smurf you" for example). Most of Guild member renamed themselves to something smurf...
There was Papa Smurf, Grand smurf, smurfette etc...
One day I decided to become Killasmurf (that was funny) :D

Later I added 86 because there was one other killasmurf on internet...

Right now, I'm thinking of changing my nick again because it's quite inappropriate, but problem is that gazillion people now know me by current nick...

Many Many moons ago (almost 30 years ago - damn I'm old), a guy from the Bronx came to our high school, he was the cousin of a friend of mine. At the time I was into art and could draw pretty well, so he started showing me how to do graffiti and teaching me about tags, burners and creating your own characters. He was showing me bubble style by doing my name, he said Rod is too short and ask if it was short for Rodney...I said no Roderick. He used Roderick to show me the style but said I needed a tag. So he said how about Roddy Rod...I said OK, but with and 'ie' instead of 'y' because 'y' is a confused letter and I don't like it.

That's it.

Code:
Right now, I'm thinking of changing my nick again because it's quite inappropriate, but problem is that gazillion people now know me by current nick...
It is possible to change somehow your Nickname? Me too I thought to change it. If it is possible you could keep them both for some time.

sk8harddiefast said:
Code:
It is possible to change somehow your Nickname? Me too I thought to change it. If it is possible you could keep them both for some time.

You can ask the administrators to change your nickname.

I wanted a nickname that no one on these forums would have, related to my real passion (cars) and sounds strong or forceful. Pushrod it is.

Pushrod said:
I wanted a nickname that no one on these forums would have, related to my real passion (cars) and sounds strong or forceful. Pushrod it is.

Funny...I always thought it had something to do with Star Trek's dilithium crystals...sorry.

It was available for irc a very long time ago. I couldn't get the one I wanted which was the c programming data type which meant the absolute of nothing which would have suited best as during my initial indoctrination to the OS, it's languages, and services.

The use of the reverse camelcased hungarian style notation was intended to be read "god of UNIX". Simply to note the uppercase unix as it is ascetically pleasing though it is not an acronym.

The contrast of the uppercase to lowercase of the nick is not invoke any theological discussion though from time to time it has. This is do to using the lowercase 'g'( not at this forum thankfully). It is set up that way initially as an irony of what I am not; serves as a reminder as what I want to become; what I will strive for in mastering this craft.

There are others who have taken the name. To note the who is the real UNIXgod is by use of concatenated uppercase UNIX and lower case god with an avatar of four offset black stripes which is the logo of the non corporate punk band BLACK FLAG:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/File:Black_Flag_logo.jpg
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Black_Flag_(band)

I hope one day I could live up to what the nick really means. =)

I'm not clever enough to come up with an unusual nick. Mine is just my first initial and last name.

The comcast email account I use on the ports I maintain, corky1951, is just a childhood nickname and the year I was born. ckester was already taken on comcast. :(

(I only started using comcast email because it came with my account. But I'm thinking of moving to gmail instead, while looking for another ISP. The latest Comcast/Level 3/Netflix brouhaha is getting close to being the proverbial last straw.)

QSECOFR is analogous to the root user on the IBM iSeries (AS400, or any of its identity crises, alter egos, split personalities). And I'm not sure if I'm only half-surprised or fully surprised that nobody claimed it on here before me.

I think username is for identification, so I thought I'd use my name since I was lucky enough to already have one. Unfortunately this forum wouldn't let me sign up with my real name so I chose my initials. I'm guessing the software didn't like the space - although everybody I know has a space in their name. Anyway, my name is Ole Juul and that is what I use everywhere, including all other forums.

Read Sir Terry Pratchett for more details about it ;)

It is a kind of battle cry from the Nac Mac Feegles, meaning something between "Aww, that's sweet" and "I just lost my temper and now there is going to be Trouble" (the kind with the capital T).

They are small and blue, but unlike smurfs they wear kilts and carry swords. It could be considered a travel-and-health warning NOT to confuse them with smurfs.

Back