what kind of freebsd image for a usbstick installation on Prozessor: ARM Cortex-A8 @1GHz

hi ,

after a few days NOMADBSD 64 bit works fine on my thin client AMD 64 bit from a external small HD. 80GB

have compiled a GUI on it. works good. 64bit compiled works not on 32 bit freebsd machine of course.

now i am able to program in 64 bit and 32 bit. compiling on the target machine. he he

NOMADBSD = FREEBSD = UNIX has unique POWER and ADVANTAGE.
=================================================================================

what with the ARMv7 Cortex Thin client here.
i do nothing with that strange prozessor.
oh habe an idea. can install "minilinux" on it and then..... "smash the scrap in disposal"

nobody is the greatest.

really,

i have smashed the IGEL thin client Arm A8 Cortex into the trash.
because nothing boots from it. nothing. not LIVE CD. no memstick.img
no other OS. no Arm image from any operating system boots from CD or SD.
Trash !

i have my own programming editor.
and have modified this editor as i want to be looks like.
it's pure written in UNIX.
nobody else has this editor. it's not available anywhere.
he he

hi , UNIX fellers ,

here you see my mobile rucksack on the right.
NOMAD BSD is running from external bootable HD. not installed. the small HD is runder the screen.
In this case i have srewed the holder on the screen.
For mobile rucksack only the screen comes into it.
You see the small thinclient that is able to run BSD in a smooth manner.
On the left you see many USB sticks. There are many experimentable bootable OS for urgency matters.
repairing boot stick like hiren etc.
a complete office in a rucksack !!! document scanner comes for final step.

Kindly Regards
SM

PS. NomadBSd is a huge range better than linux or windows in operation. It's even a direct brother of FREEBSD.

nomadBSDunix.png

Is that a Futro? If so which one is it?

Edit: Poor IGEL client. I bet it could have been made to work with something somehow.

yes , the only thing that weights is the screen.
could take a flat one hd but why ?
the usb sticks a double packed , one backup for every one.
i am a man that is working with a MOUSE and KEYBOARD. i dont like touchscreen handling.

the only company that has created such thing in a size of a smartphone is gemini pda.
a OS is Linix instead of android. multiboot choice.

when i have the scanner i can go everywhere on every kind of mission.

" the touchscreen people can do a camera photo of document and process over google drive ,
i don't care what they do , i do it not like that way"
what i do google has no idea of.

Reactions: a6h
Poor IGEL client. I bet it could have been made to work with something somehow.
I looked into it and I saw NO IGEL Arm Thin clients for sale on ebay.
Then I looked at the IGEL website and there is nothing there about Arm thin clients.
No ARM related files to download at all.

The biggest challenge would probably be getting a supported u-boot for the device.
From there you could perhaps find generic supported OS by the Arm CPU class on Linux.
Either way it would be hard to do.

These IGEL Thin Clients ship with their own specific OS made just for starting a Virtual Machine Instance.

I looked into it and I saw NO IGEL Arm Thin clients for sale on ebay.
Then I looked at the IGEL website and there is nothing there about Arm thin clients.
No ARM related files to download at all.

Not that i'd care about the original firmware but you are right having a reference might help a bit.

The biggest challenge would probably be getting a supported u-boot for the device.
From there you could perhaps find generic supported OS by the Arm CPU class on Linux.
Either way it would be hard to do.

These IGEL Thin Clients ship with their own specific OS made just for starting a Virtual Machine Instance.

I know. Still no reason to just throw it away. Winter is coming soon ;)

Still no reason to just throw it away
Well if you consider that an Intel version of their thin client is cheap then it is worth throwing away.
E3815 is a very low power CPU from intel.
Plus you can run freebsd-update instead of the hassle of manually updating from source.

Well if you consider that an Intel version of their thin client is cheap then it is worth throwing away.
E3815 is a very low power CPU from intel.
Plus you can run freebsd-update instead of the hassle of manually updating from source.

You don't know how many of those things one person can have ;) Besides it's actually an interesting system. ARM isn't overly common with thin clients and (as you said) the X86 ones are more or less a dime per dozen.

that's the point.
if something went wrong with the hardware if you are on the road you can change it. budget doesn't matters.
in this constellation you can change any part easy.
show goes on.

Back