What happened in the forum?

Slightly OT, but maybe you should consider to change your account name to reflect a more positive meaning? An admin or dev or such should not have an account name like disaster, chaos, crash etc. That's asking for bad karma & eventually turns the UNIX daemons to haunt you... Just my 2¢

Danger the Fetish of Fates possible imposed as Administrative Agent of Karma to ward off bad juju that might emanate from errant Agents of Chaos at large, and totem to temper the thoughts tempting those titled Daemon and Clan member no longer at large.

But that's Chaos...

texthex.png

Mjölnir BTW is your heritage Norse?
No that's just the name of my name's meaning. In the acient times, a hammer was simply a stone with a handle, thus Thor's (magic) hammer =: Thorsten = Torsten. Since that weapon was magic & special - after all it's a god's tool & not an ordinary tool - the Vikings gave all them god's things their own names.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
I like the new look. Everything has boxes around it, making it look more defined, cleaner and oddly more like how older forums used to look.
+1.

The old one -- I don't know how to put it, was glassy, shinny, curvy. Not sure about proper adjective!
But this new one, I love it, Forums is more i3-ish now! precise clean boxes, well-fit with colour palette. Similar to your UI project osen/iffe

if you suggest specific css changes I can have a look at it.
Im not web programmer so cant give u more detailed info:

cmd - #dee3e7 > #c0cad2
user - #003399 > #0044cc

those changes would improve readability in dark theme by a mile, and dont break much default theme.[/cmd]

A Histrionic Psychiatrist with Borderline Personality Disorder who craves my attention, exhibits attention seeking behavior like playing peek-a-boo from my Profile or desktop, prone to violence and carries a bat or huge mallet with her to accessorize.

We are perfect for each other.

Neither of us has ever had a Facebook face, but I bet we would be the perfect Facebook couple and everybody would want to see what we had for breakfast.

The forums dark theme is really hard to see. I found the default theme with Dark Reader is much easier for me. Could you copy from Dark Reader to improve the readability of forums in dark theme? There are browsers that doesn't have Dark Reader or similar extensions (Pale Moon come to mind immediately, JustOff's extensions now all removed from their extensions site), having forums dark theme just works out of the box is very useful.

Hm. These kind of problems are annoying, but whenever I tried to change to a dark colour scheme in a DE, I ran into these kind of bugs. E.g. even the dark themes shipped by default with KDE plasma have their pitfalls like that. Recently I changed my KDE colour scheme to a dark one, when I was chatting on IRC in the night. Bang. I couldn't see my own posts and thus thought there's a problem with the connection... the others thought I'm spamming 'cause I repeatedly wrote "ping" & such...

This forums with normal theme + Dark Reader is absolutely awesome. The forums' built-in dark theme can't comparable. So IMHO just take the styles applied by Dark Reader to improve our own. It's better than ever changing but don't know exactly what you really want to have.

I don't know if I've mentioned thanks to all those folks who worked on trying to fix things. At least the @username works again. So, if those who do the work see this, thank you. As for me and my bad eyes, my only remaining wishlist item is that highlighting of text showed up better.

There is one strange thing I see recently.
Normally, one's own posts shouldn't be considered als "New posts".
But for some reason, I see exactly this happening regularly since the update.

I don't know if I've mentioned thanks to all those folks who worked on trying to fix things. At least the @username works again. So, if those who do the work see this, thank you. As for me and my bad eyes, my only remaining wishlist item is that highlighting of text showed up better.
Seconded.
I am using a blue-blocking green contrast-enhancing filter, which reduces red also.
Before recently due to the requests in this thread, the highlighted text was almost indiscernible.
This has got better, but is still not as easy as it should/could be.

In the forums go to Your Account, choose Account Details, Profile banner and upload your image. It's right under Avatar.

In the forums go to Your Account, choose Account Details, Profile banner and upload your image. It's right under Avatar.
Thank you but that's strange ... I think that I miss something here because there is no "Profile banner" .

Attachments

• fbsdp.cleaned.jpg
    fbsdp.cleaned.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 113
You're a new member so maybe you just have to have a certain number of posts before that feature is available.

profile.jpg

I didn't think about this but you right it could be a limited access to options.
Can't wait to get my premium pass :sssh:, there are may be few things hidden to find, easter egg never end.
Thanks .

Back