What drink did you recently learned.

I totally stopped drinking alcohol over two years ago.
You may not imagine how this may sharpen your brains, can only recommend it.

If you like red wine my tipp would be Nebbiolo and Barolo (very heavy)

However
my favorite drinks are Chinotto and self mixed tea consisting mostly of black (earl grey) and peppermint plus a bit green and mate (Be careful! High caffeine.)

But when I was still drinking alcohol I very much liked belgian beer :cool:.

peace out :beer:

Glad you're having a jolly time Alain!
I don't drink alcohol as it makes me depressed, irritable and withdrawn.
My favourite drink is cola, but I try to avoid that in favour of soya milk.

Pinot good. For some reason, I've been drinking a few glasses of win every two or three days, always at Christmas-related charity and fundraising events.

At home, I usually also drink red wine, some combination of Pinot, Zinfandel, and Cabernet.

I used to drink a bottle of rose wine once a year (California white Zinfandel), just to remind myself how horrible it is. For the last 5 years, I've stopped doing it, since there really is no need to know how low you can go. The only way to drink white zin is in a plastic cup, with ice cubes in it, while sitting in a hot tub.

i make red wine myself. not much, depending on harvest, so that's the only alcohol drink i take, and very infrequently. it tastes way better that anything else you can get in shops. natural product with nothing added. i prefer coffee over tea but both are on my table.

Pinot good. For some reason, I've been drinking a few glasses of win every two or three days, always at Christmas-related charity and fundraising events.

At home, I usually also drink red wine, some combination of Pinot, Zinfandel, and Cabernet.

I used to drink a bottle of rose wine once a year (California white Zinfandel), just to remind myself how horrible it is. For the last 5 years, I've stopped doing it, since there really is no need to know how low you can go. The only way to drink white zin is in a plastic cup, with ice cubes in it, while sitting in a hot tub.
Yeah, nothing too strong for me, because it did not felt good. Something enjoyable.

You may not imagine how this may sharpen your brains, can only recommend it.
I quit for one and a half years. Didn't work out for me at all. Sobriety isn't for everyone 🙂

However I can recommend to give it a try every once in a while.

Didn't work out for me
Then you either drink really very few
(at least a lot less than I did 😅 [I am no alcoholic. I didn't want to become one {not few are without knowing/confessing it}])
or you may have overseen the small, light signs you make the experience.

It's not going to happen like you awake from a sleep.
It's a slow and long term process.
And you need to have signs you watch, where you can measure and feel it.

Of course, you don't have to quit on alcohol only.
The positive effects may hard to be recognized if still other brains-fogging stuff is consumed. 😁

And you really don't need to drink anything at all (Some actually think they stopped drinking, when they are not wasted every weekend anymore ...😁)
I'm talking about total Zero, 0.00, nada, nothing, niente! - for months!

However you're right.
Pure sobriety is not for everyone.
Especially not for the fearsome 😎
It's so easy and quickly to do "instant relaxation:"
Get a beer and consume tv.

But in the long term you're not doing yourself any good with it - or to be more correct:
You could do better.

Anyway - the topic is "what drinks"

I'm very much interested in the recepy of Crivens' roman lemonade 😍

or you may have overseen the small, light signs you make the experience.
I know all about addiction... Alcohol just doesn't resonate with me as much as an array of illicit substances do.

To stay on topic:
I'm a beer and gin tonic dude. Not much experimentation going on there.

Cuba Libre, or more commonly known as a rum and coke is my preferred poison. Typically only drink a couple on a Friday evening/night. The rest of the week I tend to drink a lot of tea; earl grey.

I have a love for exquisite hard liquors, the clear and strong stuff.
My favorites are gentian, pine and rowanberry.
I only dring those on special occasions though, hard liquor is not an everyday thing.

Tried 'gin & tonic' for the first time during this year's World Cup... When the stuff comes from good brands (Beefeater gin and Schweppes tonic, not the diet but regular stuff), AND mixed right, the results are fantastic - clean taste, not too sweet, not overly strong...

I'm a fan of Kolsch style of beers, primarily, but I like smoky whiskey like Ardbeg/Laphroaig, rums, tequila, and exotic stuff like Hawaiian Honeyshine and Okolehao. The older, the better. Some stuff like Southern Comfort and Jagermeister - I learned to stay away. Vodka is OK if I can have just a shot and be done for the night at that.

Never been a big fan of gin. I do like a good jenever though. A nice Ketel 1 from the freezer. Often taken with a beer chaser, called a 'kopstoot' (headbutt). Or you drop the jenever shot, glass and all, in a beer; a 'duikboot' (submarine).

I'm a fan of Kolsch style of beers
That is not beer... the lab says your horse is sick (OK, you need to be german to understand this correctly, I guess. It's a long running elbow-rub)
but I like smoky whiskey like Ardbeg/Laphroaig,
Ah, the good stuff. I reckon I got some Lagavulin stored safely in the basement for a rainy day. No ice and maybe a splash of spring water? *sipping some black label*

That is not beer... the lab says your horse is sick (OK, you need to be german to understand this correctly, I guess. It's a long running elbow-rub)
After I checked what is alcohol% in those beers I get that joke already, ha. I’m Vodka enjoyer mostly. Sometimes I drink moonshine, best is to drink it with guy making it.
I think the taste for alcohol come with age. When I was younger I never liked warm alcohol taste. Now I prefer to drink warm whiskey, no ice or anything.

Sirdice, those shots dropped into beer glass we call “uboot” or “diver” (“nurek” in my language), I tried few times but it’s not for me, never liked mixing beer with vodka.

If you never tried here is cool recipe:
“Mad dog” shot
2/3 vodka
1/3 raspberry or cherry syrup
3-4 drops of Tabasco sauce
(First add vodka into shot glass, then syrup and Tabasco last)

Now I prefer to drink warm whiskey, no ice or anything
whiskey should be, at best, room temperature... if you want a warm drink, there's Hot Buttered Rum, or you can spike tea/hot chocolate with some rum. There's also Hot Apple Toddy, but I'm not a fan... I can recommend a Bloody Mary for you. I once saw a Bloody Mary that in all honesty, looked like a salad:
1670361838225.png

But man, you should do a Google Image search on what a Bloody Mary even looks like! Some of them have fried shrimp, eggs, and even whole burgers on the glass! 🤣

If you never tried here is cool recipe:
“Mad dog” shot
2/3 vodka
1/3 raspberry or cherry syrup
3-4 drops of Tabasco sauce
(First add vodka into shot glass, then syrup and Tabasco last)
I learned this one from the polish wife of a friend and love it now!

whiskey should be, at best, room temperature... if you want a warm drink, there's Hot Buttered Rum, or you can spike tea/hot chocolate with some rum. There's also Hot Apple Toddy, but I'm not a fan... I can recommend a Bloody Mary for you. I once saw a Bloody Mary that in all honesty, looked like a …
Yes I had room temperature in mind ( but when it 27-30*C it’s almost like warm :).
Not a fan of rum (but I never tried expensive ones), and any solid ingredients in drinks at all, except ice.

Back