What do you guys think about SecureBoot?

fonz said:
I hardly have any experience with the latter) I honestly cannot think of anything even remotely decent Microsoft have come up with since MS-DOS and that was way back in the days when DOS was still sort of ok.
Microsoft did not wrote DOS, they bought it.

fonz said:
They acquired the original version, yes. They did do some further development on it, though.
You mean they had time to break something that have been working in the time between the acquisition and their MS-DOS release? ;)

I believe it means to say that to convert an MS-DOS to the PC-DOS (which I purchased BTW for about a hundred dollars, for one of the first consumer 1 or 2-floppy machines) it needed branding and work on some binaries to alter or add features to their console messages, actions etc. (Not sure how exactly accurate that description is... but more or less the case.)

vermaden said:
You mean they had time to break something that have been working in the time between the acquisition and their MS-DOS release? ;)

That could be expected from his illegal actions, it is true that bought a non-exclusive license to QDOS be ported to IBM-DOS, but broke their non-disclosure agreement. MS demostrated what is a bad business...

They not know how to fulfill legal agreements (...) and were required to give him a good slap for accept the NDA.

MS should learn laws instead code.

Back