Solved What can I safely delete without destroying my zpool?

As the title suggests, can I delete everything except the files I need in an external zpool?
My zpool before was a root-on-zfs but it experienced problems when booting, and I failed on reviving it. The only choice left for me was to zpool import cluster as a storage pool.
What can I delete in the pool without affecting zfs capabilities and its import function, are these directories/files safe to delete?

.cshrc
.profile
.rnd
lib
usr
dev
libexec
rescue
var
entropy
media
root
etc
mnt
sbin
zroot
bin
fsaw
net
sys
boot
home
opt
tmp

I want to delete these files because when mounting it using zpool import -fo altroot=/cluster when the pool is mounted it does not persist through reboots. Maybe after
deleting these files I can issue zpool import cluster and it will automatically mount to / without conflicting any existing files.

Code:
zfs_load="YES"
in /boot/loader.conf
Code:
zfs_enable="YES"
in /etc/rc.conf

are in my files but it still won't persist through reboots, and I still have to mount it manually by typing the command. Is this some kind of bug? Thanks!

What can I delete in the pool without affecting zfs capabilities and its import function, are these directories/files safe to delete?
Everything is safe to delete. ZFS keeps track of things internally and this doesn't show up as a file or directory.

As the title suggests, can I delete everything except the files I need in an external zpool?
My zpool before was a root-on-zfs but it experienced problems when booting, and I failed on reviving it. The only choice left for me was to zpool import cluster as a storage pool.

.cshrc
.profile
.rnd
lib
usr
dev
libexec
rescue
var
entropy
media
root
etc
mnt
sbin
zroot
bin
fsaw
net
sys
boot
home
opt
tmp

I want to delete these files because when mounting it using zpool import -fo altroot=/cluster when the pool is mounted it does not persist through reboots. Maybe after
deleting these files I can issue zpool import cluster and it will automatically mount to / without conflicting any existing files.

Code:
zfs_load="YES"
in /boot/loader.conf
Code:
zfs_enable="YES"
in /etc/rc.conf

are in my files but it still won't persist through reboots, and I still have to mount it manually by typing the command. Is this some kind of bug? Thanks!
If you are a new blood you're better off using GhostzBsd or one of the other Illinois distributors. Less ill even mention A Debian derivative like Ubuntu,Linux Lite, MX Linux or Xubunttu Or maybe even Lubuntu.

If you are a new blood you're better off using GhostzBsd or one of the other Illinois distributors. Less ill even mention A Debian derivative like Ubuntu,Linux Lite, MX Linux or Xubunttu Or maybe even Lubuntu.

I solved my problem, it won't mount on reboot because there were conflicing directories, after removing it, it automatically mounts on reboot. I tried ubuntu it was more confusing. Thank you for your suggestion, but I'll stick to FreeBSD, when I started using it I can't live without it. Thanks!

Back