Weird

Went straight to the FreeBSD website and was prompted for a security exception. Then I was rerouted to a Prudential agreement page (IP 1.1.1.1). Closed out Firefox, reopened and everything seems to be working correctly.

tzoi516 said:
Went straight to the FreeBSD website and was prompted for a security exception. Then I was rerouted to a Prudential agreement page (IP 1.1.1.1). Closed out Firefox, reopened and everything seems to be working correctly.

That is indeed odd. I just went to the FreeBSD website and the page loaded normally. Maybe scan your box for malware, etc.? Just a thought.

Probably, someone has reported FreeBSD website as a malware page or a phishing site when you were actually visiting the page (that's weird).
I think that Firefox uses data from Google SafeBrowsing to catch information about most websites.

If you get a security exception question it means that your browser was trying to load an HTTPS page with a non-trusted certificate. It's possible that your connection goes trough a forced proxy and a temporary malfunction in it redirected you to HTTPS page.

Back