weird problem with caps lock (KDE)

Hi

Just rebooted my computer and then restarted KDE(4.5.1), and noticed that my keyboard was no longer working correctly. I can only type(in KDE that is) with caps lock on! With caps lock on, the letters are capitalized(obviously), and pressing keys with shift-button down, then the letters are uncapitalized.
But, when caps lock is off, then I get no letters at all! In text mode, the keyboard works as expected, and I also get the same results with a different keyboard.

I played a bit with xev, no caps-lock and 'a' pressed:

Code:
FocusOut event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x1c00001,
    mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyPointer

mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  2  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0
           0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0

So, any ideas what might be the cause of this? I have restarted KDE a few times, but that does not solve the problem. It's kinda hard to do things with caps lock on all the time :)

I modified .xinitrc to start just xterm, and it worked as expected. So I guess this is KDE related. Maybe I'll rebuild KDE and see if this goes away.

Recompiling is going to take a while. Since this looks more like a configuration issue, I'd start with [cmd=]mv ~/.kde4 ~/.kde4-backup[/cmd] (while KDE is not running) and then launch KDE and see if it's gone away.

Ok, it seems I have found the source of this problem. When clementine-player (audio/clementine-player) was on, the behaviour was as described. When I close it, everything is back to normal. I'm rebuilding it now and then checking it's config to see what's wrong.

Back