Web Hosting Control Panel For FreeBSD

I am setting up a web server on FreeBSD. I am looking for a web hosting control panel. Does anyone know about a web hosting controlpanel for FreeBSD that has most of the features of cpanel. I am looking for something that is open source.

Is there a tutorial on where to download and how to install freshports?

Freshports is a website that shows a lot of information from the FreeBSD ports tree.

I am setting up a web server on FreeBSD. I am looking for a web hosting control panel. I am looking for something that is open source.
One that is open source AND maintained is WebMin. It is possible to set up multiple versions of PHP in it as well which bests many in that regard.

-Which webserver : apache,nginx or lighttpd ?
-With or without php ?
Maybe ,
-Which webserver : apache,nginx or lighttpd ?
-With or without php ?
Maybe ,
Does fresh ports host websites?

I just tried to install the port for froxlor. I typed this command.

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/froxlor/ && make install clean

I got this error. Any help?
Code:
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/froxlor
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/froxlor

That's a generic error, the actual error happens long before it.

I got the port installed. I am making sure all the servers in the web server are started and will start on start up. I got to the git daemon. Am I supposed to enable the git daemon with a certain service. If so what am I supposed to put under service.

I was wondering if I am supposed to use enable for the git daemon instead of start.

Like this.

git daemon --enable=<service>

It is in rc.d as a start up script. Itis just that it looks like I am having to do some configurations for each server beforethey will start up. Not sure about this one.

root@web:/usr/local/etc/rc.d # ./proftpd onestart
dovecot_enable: YES -> YES
Starting proftpd.
2023-05-29 15:02:48,134 web proftpd[59480]: warning: unable to determine IP address of 'web'
2023-05-29 15:02:48,134 web proftpd[59480]: error: no valid servers configured
2023-05-29 15:02:48,134 web proftpd[59480]: fatal: error processing configuration file '/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf'
./proftpd: WARNING: failed to start proftpd

Do I need to do some configuration for proftpd or is there something else?

Does webmin have a control panel for the web site owner or client.
It does. and Webmin is available as a port: sysutils/webmin

Webmin does require a bit of up-front effort to set up, but as far as usablity goes - it's pretty flexible, and it doesn't fight the underlying .conf files. I do keep seeing complaints about other web-based config tools that they sometimes conflict with what's underneath. So my advice would be to stick with Webmin.

I have read over the configuration for ProFTPD. U know I just want the ftp server to use the hostname and run on the IP address of the hostname. I looked into what to configure and I am not sure where to proceed. As the configurations seem to be done right by default. Maybe there is something that needs to change.

ServerName "ProFTPD Default Installation"
ServerType standalone
DefaultServer on

In the link above for configuring proftpd the server type is supposed to be set to standalone. But why wont it determine the IP address of my hostname web. There doesn't seem to be anything for configuring ip addresses and for some reason it finds the hostname but cant find the ip address. Does DNS have anything to do with this. Although it seems it shouldn't. Any help?

I have read over the configuration for ProFTPD. U know I just want the ftp server to use the hostname and run on the IP address of the hostname. I looked into what to configure and I am not sure where to proceed. As the configurations seem to be done right by default. Maybe there is something that needs to change.

ServerName "ProFTPD Default Installation"
ServerType standalone
DefaultServer on

In the link above for configuring proftpd the server type is supposed to be set to standalone. But why wont it determine the IP address of my hostname web. There doesn't seem to be anything for configuring ip addresses and for some reason it finds the hostname but cant find the ip address. Does DNS have anything to do with this. Although it seems it shouldn't. Any help?
If you want anything done on FreeBSD, it really helps to be familiar with the FreeBSD Handbook. When getting help on these Forums, the Handbook is the common point of reference for both you and whoever is helping you.

Having said that, here's the relevant part in the Handbook: https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/network-servers/#network-ftp

I think Webmin does have a module for configuring ProFTPD, but that's not a substitute for being familiar with the Handbook.

Back