Hi,
I have a W520 running 15.1. I've been fighting with something for a while. The internal microphone seems to be deselected somehow, and using zoom via firefox there is no input sound. I discovered that if I run audacity, and use its selection mechanism for audio inputs, I can fix this. It looks like it should be a setting I can change with "mixer" but the things I've tried (mixer mic.recsrc=remove monitor.recsrc=add . for instance) have no effect. Upon booting and prior to fixing it with audacity, mixer output looks like this (and zoom has no input sound):
pcm0:mixer: <Conexant CX20590 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> on hdaa0 (play/rec) (default)
vol = 1.00:1.00 pbk
pcm = 1.00:1.00 pbk
speaker = 1.00:1.00 pbk
mic = 1.00:1.00 rec src
rec = 1.00:1.00 pbk
monitor = 1.00:1.00 rec
after running audacity, it looks like this :
pcm0:mixer: <Conexant CX20590 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> on hdaa0 (play/rec) (default)
vol = 1.00:1.00 pbk
pcm = 1.00:1.00 pbk
speaker = 1.00:1.00 pbk
mic = 1.00:1.00 rec
rec = 1.00:1.00 pbk
monitor = 1.00:1.00 rec src
I should def. mention I have pulseaudio installed. I was thinking of removing it but it seems removing it will also remove libreoffice, which is a little strange. The other things that would get removed make more sense. I don't really care about libreoffice but that seems like a bad idea.
???? (There are some relevant threads on the forums, I tried a bunch of things in device.hints and rebooting, to no avail)
((these are the last two I tried, now commented out
)
#hint.hdaa.0.nid35.config="as=1"
#hint.hdaa.0.nid20.config="as=1"
These seem to make devices vanish from the selection in mixer.
I have a W520 running 15.1. I've been fighting with something for a while. The internal microphone seems to be deselected somehow, and using zoom via firefox there is no input sound. I discovered that if I run audacity, and use its selection mechanism for audio inputs, I can fix this. It looks like it should be a setting I can change with "mixer" but the things I've tried (mixer mic.recsrc=remove monitor.recsrc=add . for instance) have no effect. Upon booting and prior to fixing it with audacity, mixer output looks like this (and zoom has no input sound):
pcm0:mixer: <Conexant CX20590 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> on hdaa0 (play/rec) (default)
vol = 1.00:1.00 pbk
pcm = 1.00:1.00 pbk
speaker = 1.00:1.00 pbk
mic = 1.00:1.00 rec src
rec = 1.00:1.00 pbk
monitor = 1.00:1.00 rec
after running audacity, it looks like this :
pcm0:mixer: <Conexant CX20590 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> on hdaa0 (play/rec) (default)
vol = 1.00:1.00 pbk
pcm = 1.00:1.00 pbk
speaker = 1.00:1.00 pbk
mic = 1.00:1.00 rec
rec = 1.00:1.00 pbk
monitor = 1.00:1.00 rec src
I should def. mention I have pulseaudio installed. I was thinking of removing it but it seems removing it will also remove libreoffice, which is a little strange. The other things that would get removed make more sense. I don't really care about libreoffice but that seems like a bad idea.
???? (There are some relevant threads on the forums, I tried a bunch of things in device.hints and rebooting, to no avail)
((these are the last two I tried, now commented out
#hint.hdaa.0.nid35.config="as=1"
#hint.hdaa.0.nid20.config="as=1"
These seem to make devices vanish from the selection in mixer.