vbox VirtualBox Detects No Sound On Guest Systems

Hi there, so here's an issue I have with VirtualBox on FreeBSD, and I don't hear any sound playing on the guest systems at all. I need some suggestions to solve this issue.

All I did was to do this command
Code:
pkg install virtualbox-ose
and a few tweaks to make VirtualBox work, except I never got the sound to work on the guest systems, and have no clue how to do it.

I tried to build the VirtualBox package, then I ended up with an output saying an error message.

Cannot create /var/db/ports/emulators_virtualbox-ose, check permissions *** Error code 1 Stop. make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose *** Error code 1 Stop. make: stopped in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose $ cd /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/ && make install clean ===> Switching to root credentials to create /var/db/ports/emulators_virtualbox-ose

I logged in as root this time, and tried to build VirtualBox, then I got another output of an error message.

78 warnings generated. kmk: *** Exiting with status 2 *** Error code 2 Stop. make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose *** Error cdoe 1 Stop. make: stopped in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose

I build my packages from quarterly ports branch with ports-mgmt/poudriere because it's done in a clean environment with all dependencies needed.
I am using quarterly branch because it's the one used for FreeBSD packages and supposedly able to build without errors.
You can find more information in the FreeBSD Handbook.

Back