Vimage and FreeBSD 9.1

Is anyone working on vimage and getting it working again?

Last I tried it choked and crashed with pf. And I saw a number of other related bug reports.

Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation. Anything "experimental" I expect to automatically be on the TODO list. To me that doesn't necessarily show that progress is being made. The feature for all I know could be pushed back to 11 or dropped if work on it stalls for too long.

I'm asking here rather than email the author because as a developer I wouldn't want to be bombarded for requests for update reports from users.

Developer questions are best asked on the mailing lists. freebsd-current in this case. We don't have a lot of developers here in the forums, although more show up over time.

BlueCoder said:
Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation. Anything "experimental" I expect to automatically be on the TODO list. To me that doesn't necessarily show that progress is being made. The feature for all I know could be pushed back to 11 or dropped if work on it stalls for too long.

I'm asking here rather than email the author because as a developer I wouldn't want to be bombarded for requests for update reports from users.

@wblock@ has advised you as best that is ask in mailing list. FYI, vimage feature has to mature and are expected, as I said before, to do so in FreeBSD 10. However, you can take a look to last message posted to relating issue at freebsd-amd64 mailing list and also here in forum, maybe you can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back