Very slow GNOME at normal user

I installed GNOME2, set locale, all works good on root account. I create new account, try login, and after login I have very very slow interface, system freezing for half a second, a few times per minute, on thw taskbar, after keyboard layout I have black lines.

It looks like this:
20121222231402.jpg

On root account I don't have this and GNOME works fine.

Thanks for help.

Hi, okay, I solved this problem :) Now I have second question. When I reboot/shutdown computer (when I see for moment console) I see errors like GConf, some problem with connection. That's it:
Code:
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See [url]http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/[/url] for information. (Connection refused).
I have IPFW. Merry Christmas :)

Can I ask what the OP did to resolve the issue because I'm having the exact same problem. It works fine as root but as a normal user, though GNOME loads quickly, the first two minutes or so is met with rapid freezing/unfreezing with vertical lines filling up the task bar - they almost seem like the edges of dozens of window tabs (maybe error windows) being opened but no windows are actually popping up on the screen. After about a couple of minutes, the repeated freezing stops and the lines in the task bar disappear, but when I try to start an application from the drop down menu, like Terminal or gedit, nothing happens.

I've already tried everything suggested in this thread and I'm not having any other problems (resolving, etc.) on the system so far. I guess I'll try to use some other GUI environment but it's still kind of annoying to leave a problem unresolved. Thanks.

Back