Solved /usr/local/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:39:10: fatal error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory

• Thread starter Deleted member 63539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63539

Fixed with this workaround:

doas ln -s /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype /usr/local/include/freetype
doas ln -s /usr/local/include/freetype2/ft2build.h /usr/local/include/ft2build.h

Should I create a bug report for it?

FreeType2 installs by defaults to "/usr/local/include/freetype2" - that's not FreeBSD related (and therefore no bug on the FreeBSD side); So if you're trying to port a software that needs FreeType2 installed in "/usr/local/include/freetype", then yes: Write a bug report to the software project you're porting. But note, that there's also FreeType (1) available… FreeBSD installs it to "/usr/local/include/freetype1" - and if that's also the default… I don't know.

FreeType2 installs by defaults to "/usr/local/include/freetype2" - that's not FreeBSD related (and therefore no bug on the FreeBSD side); So if you're trying to port a software that needs FreeType2 installed in "/usr/local/include/freetype", then yes: Write a bug report to the software project you're porting. But note, that there's also FreeType (1) available… FreeBSD installs it to "/usr/local/include/freetype1" - and if that's also the default… I don't know.
Yes, you're right. I figured out the problem. Just add /usr/local/include/freetype2 to the include search path and everything is fine now.

Make sure you remove those symlinks you made earlier. Or else they might bite you some time in the future when you forget you created them.

Make sure you remove those symlinks you made earlier. Or else they might bite you some time in the future when you forget you created them.
You are very right indeed. These symlinks caused me wasting hours debugging a software built error that both me and the software developers have no idea. Finally, removing them solved the problem.

Back