/usr and /var

Someone's possibly done a joke on me. Since I rebooted the system an hour ago, it is not mounting /usr and /var. I have got no system utilities such as editors, can not change configs, can not check /etc/fstab, can not check /etc/ttys, can not install anything without internet, the ssh daemon does not persist at the moment of course, same with ftp and everything honestly, and even then /usr directory is just empty. I got a backup of the system, backups of the databases, but am not sure if I really should hurry. Maybe some bug? I of course am kidding about beeing hacked because the Internet was lost due to our local ISP having some electricity issues.

Oh I am sorry, fsck has done its job, just very slow. And I had mount working, SirDice has scared me with all these perl scripts lately. No, honestly, better being scared, than unprepared.

It will be probably faster with journaling enabled on UFS. However I suspect the machine was saying something on the console screen about the recovery process in progress..

Back