USB and cam system bug?

Ok guys, I've just destroyed the slices, recreate them and did a newfs_msdos FAT16, then restored data and NADA! :(

I guess it is time for filling a pr.

jb_fvwm2 said:
Have you loaded ehci.ko? (Useful in v8 vs v7). If
that helps.

I can't load it. :p

Code:
# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   24 0xc0400000 b7abe0   kernel
 2    1 0xc0f7b000 1a60     accf_data.ko
 3    1 0xc0f7d000 2534     accf_http.ko
 4    1 0xc0f80000 2030     wlan_xauth.ko
 5    1 0xc46c4000 3000     pflog.ko
 6    1 0xc46c7000 35000    pf.ko
 7    1 0xc4983000 e000     fuse.ko
 8    2 0xc4aa4000 7a000    osscore.ko
 9    1 0xc4b2a000 6000     oss_audigyls.ko
10    1 0xc4c93000 68000    radeon.ko
11    1 0xc4cfb000 14000    drm.ko

Code:
# kldload ehci
kldload: can't load ehci: File exists

Code:
# locate ehci.ko
/boot/kernel/ehci.ko
/boot/kernel/ehci.ko.symbols

I disabled hald and dbus and even moused(strange that my usb mouse works in console).

I still can't kldload ehci

Code:
# kldload ehci
means that ehci is already built in kernel. You can check it using [cmd=""]kldstat -v | grep ehci[/cmd]

I disabled hald and dbus and even moused(strange that my usb mouse works in console).
/usr/sbin/moused is started by devd upon USB mouse attach (and is killed on detach). You can check /etc/devd.conf, line with device-name "ums[0-9]+";

crsd said:
Code:
# kldload ehci
means that ehci is already built in kernel. You can check it using [cmd=""]kldstat -v | grep ehci[/cmd]
Yeah! ;)
Code:
# kldstat -v | grep ehci
                280 ehci/usbus
                275 pci/ehci
crsd said:
/usr/sbin/moused is started by devd upon USB mouse attach (and is killed on detach). You can check /etc/devd.conf, line with device-name "ums[0-9]+";
Aaaaa... :stud
And I've been asking, what initiates:
Code:
# ps -U root | grep moused
  675  ??  Is     0:02.34 /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto -I /var/run/moused.ums0.pid
So I need moused_enable="YES", only for PS/2 mouses? ;)

Just to say that all this post is based on my mobile phone, which I attach to USB and am using it as a USB memory.

Yesterday, I plugged in real USB memory stick and slice was immediately recognized.
That is..., it worked as I want my mobile phone, to work.

GUYS!

Point is that link 1, contains a SOLUTION, as all slices are recognized and listed properly.
So boot time code DOES SOMETHING, that after boot procedure DOESN'T DO.

Which cmd, I need to execute in order to have a same effect from first link, that is..., to have slices recognized, too?

I've recently merged some potentially related CAM code to 8-STABLE. So it can be a good time to update.

Other option - it can be hardware issue. Phone reports that it has no media inserted. Probably when plugged after boot it is probed faster, that possible gives phone not enough time to initialize. You may try `false > /dev/da0` command after attach to trigger media re-taste.

O no! I had enough of STABLE, for whole my life! :p
Code:
# false > /dev/da0
# false > /dev/da1
Worked quietly and flawlessly!
Thx! :)

Back