Not open for further replies.
NOTE:

Code:
These upgrade notes are taken from /usr/ports/UPDATING

* 2010-04-09

Affects: users of lang/php5

Author: ale@FreeBSD.org

Reason: 
        As of php 5.3, a few extensions were removed from or included into the core
        php5 package.  Follow the steps below to update your installation.

[B]        1) Delete the following packages (if installed):
           - php5-dbase
           - php5-ncurses
           - php5-pcre
           - php5-spl
           - php5-ming
           - php5-mhash

2) Rebuild php5 and all ports depending on it.
[/B]

You have been warned!

Point #2 should be covered by [cmd=]portmaster -Rr php5-5\*[/cmd] or [cmd=]portupgrade -r php5-5\*[/cmd].

www/pecl-APC can't build w/ php5-5.3.2

pecl-APC 3.0.19 won't compile anymore after the upgrade of PHP to 5.3.2. When I do ``make install'' I get this:

Code:
 cc -I. -I/usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.0.19 -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.0.19/include -I/usr/ports/www/pecl-
APC/work/APC-3.0.19/main -I/usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.0.19 -I/usr/local/include/php -I/usr/local/include/php/main -I/usr/local/include
/php/TSRM -I/usr/local/include/php/Zend -I/usr/local/include/php/ext -I/usr/local/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 -fno-strict-
aliasing -pipe -march=prescott -c /usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.0.19/php_apc.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/php_apc.o
/usr/ports/www/pecl-APC/work/APC-3.0.19/php_apc.c:959: error: duplicate 'static'
*** Error code 1

ZendOptimizer (/usr/ports/deve/ZendOptimizer) not works now :(
It works only with php 5.2. (and I see that ZendOptimizer port now works only with php4...)
How is it possible to downgrade back to php5.2 ?
I think it should be supporte in /usr/ports/lang/php52 , like php4 is still supported....

Updating specifically the php5 port

I think I have updated my php5 port by

# csup /root/cvs-supfile

but # cd /lang/php5 && make

still attempts to fetch php-5.2.11.tar.bz2 and not php-5.3.x.

How to update it properly?

ColorPrint said:
ZendOptimizer (/usr/ports/deve/ZendOptimizer) not works now :(
It works only with php 5.2. (and I see that ZendOptimizer port now works only with php4...)
How is it possible to downgrade back to php5.2 ?
I think it should be supporte in /usr/ports/lang/php52 , like php4 is still supported....

Support for Zend has been dropped for FreeBSD by Zend, so on that you have to contact them. And php4 isn't supported, it's just not removed from the ports tree and support for the 5.2 line is soon to be dropped as well from upstream.

You can always install an earlier pre compiled package found in the -STABLE directories

aurora72 said:
I think I have updated my php5 port by

# csup /root/cvs-supfile

but # cd /lang/php5 && make

still attempts to fetch php-5.2.11.tar.bz2 and not php-5.3.x.

How to update it properly?

Either use portsnap(8) (# portsnap fetch extract the first time, and # portsnap fetch update after that) or use a ports-specific cvs-file, like the ports-supfile in /usr/share/examples/cvsup.

hellevil said:
update port eaccelerator please, don't build with php5.3

The new version of eaccelerator made it into the ports tree today: www/eaccelerator (Update to 0.9.6 release: - add support for php 5.3 - drop support for php4).

rambetter said:
pecl-APC 3.0.19 won't compile anymore after the upgrade of PHP to 5.3.2.

The new version is in the ports tree -> www/pecl-APC v3.0.19 ("Unbreak after recent PHP 5.3.2 update").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back