Upgrading -CURRENT with buildworld

I've been having this problem trying to buildworld for the last 48 hours or so. I'm attaching the error since it's too long to include in a post directly.

I didn't see the problem on freebsd-current, so I'm curious if anyone knows what's going on?

Attachments

• build-problems.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 183
All of your header files are missing? I would guess that you caught a cvsup server in the midst of an update, or that you have something awry with your refuse files or some such.

Have you tried another server?

Looks like you have an incomplete source tree. Make sure you get a proper one, either using freebsd-update(8) or csup(8). For the record: freebsd-update can get the source tree, but it doesn't use it for upgrading your operating system.

fronclynne & DutchDaemon,

I've been using csup to get the source on two different machines, each using a different server. I've updated between each attempted build, and even wiped the source tree on each machine at least once.

camelia,

Thanks, I'll take a look. I pulled up the archives for August and just did a find for "bsdgrep" but neither of the threads with 'bsdgrep' in the subject seem to match the problem I'm having. If I actually try to use the search function on the archive, I get an Internal Server Error.

Interesting. A patch to fix it was available as of July 25th. Assuming it hadn't been patched yet (since it fails to build) I downloaded the patch went to apply it, only to have patch tell me
Code:
 Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y]

Which still leaves me wondering what's going on here :)

Adam

Install grep before building world, it's not a part of bootstrap-tools. The failing target is depend while grep binary is only available after all is built. That's why even though kdump(1) is built after grep it still fails.

Thanks. I'll take your concern over my choice of branch under advisement... And then likely ignore it since I've been running -CURRENT and reporting problems for much longer than I care to remember sometimes.

Adam

Try to delete files /usr/src and change the mirror of cvsup (example .de), and download new sources

Code:
# rm -rf /usr/src && cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile /root/ && sed -ie 's/CHANGE_THIS/cvsup.de/g' /root/standard-supfile

if you are using Freebsd 8.0 RELEASE

Code:
sed -ie 's/RELENG_8_0/./g' /root/standard-supfile

if you are using FreeBSD 8.1 RELEASE

Code:
sed -ie 's/RELENG_8_1/./g' /root/standard-supfile

Download soruces
Code:
csup -g -L 2 /root/standard-supfile

Compiling world

Code:
cd /usr/src && make buildworld

Compiling kernel and install kernel
Code:
 cd /usr/src && make buildkernel && make installkernel

Want compile your kernel

Code:
#mkdir /root/kernels/ && cd /usr/src/sys/$ARCH/conf/ && cp GENERIC /root/kernels

Change the name
Code:
mv GENERIC <change_name>

Edit the kernel configuration with a text editor (ee,vi...etc)
Code:
ee  /root/kernels/KERNEL_NEWNAME

Create a symbolik link since /usr/src/sys/$ARCH/conf

Code:
ln -s /root/kernels/KERNEL_NEWNAME

Compiling your kernel and install

Code:
make buildkernel KERNCONF=KERNEL_NEWNAME && make install kernel && 
reboot

Edited, but, pases for pases

Back