Solved Update graphics/dri failure

FYI, I just had the exact same problem. Thank you talsamon for your solution!

After seeing talsamon's last post (and already having reinstalled devel/llvm36 and devel/clang36 to no effect), I deinstalled them both before installing , then graphics/dri compiled without complaint. The only difference I can see is that LLVM/CLANG configs ran when they were not already installed.

However (and this is what I find really odd) when doing a # pkg delete -f llvm36-3.6.2_2 I got a number of errors like the following, not seen with portmaster(8) or # make deinstall && make reinstall:

Code:
pkg: /usr/local/bin/llvm-ar36 different from original checksum, not removing

I haven't used anything other than portmaster(8) to run my upgrades, so it would appear something has corrupted the LLVM installation. I note the executable concerned is heavily linked (35 hard links to the same file after reinstallation), so I assume *something* has written to one file, changing the checksum to the whole lot, and things have gone off the rails from there.

Mysterious thing. I had to:
deinstall llvm36
reinstall clang36
reinstall libglapi

It is strange cause graphics/dri pulled in llvm36. Don't know why this happens, but I am not the only one with the same problems.
Seems solved.

I got bit by this last night on a regular ports update. Looks like graphics/dri gets upgraded to version 11. So I was going to follow the instructions in usr/ports/UPDATING 20140909 about missing *.la files, but I decided to try this first. I still might give that process a try just in case other stuff is affected, but I need to understand it fully first.

Thanks talsamon!

Back