UNAME_r and OSVERSION do not agree on major version number

Hello all,

I am getting the following error message in the jail while trying to do the following:
Code:
root@dev-www-test:php-composer# make config
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1229: UNAME_r (10.0-RELEASE-p7) and OSVERSION (902001) do not agree on major version number.

Below is the version of FreeBSD that is installed on host and jail:
Code:
FreeBSD dev-www-test 10.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p7 #0: Tue Jul  8 06:37:44 UTC 2014     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I googled the above message, but still couldn't find the solution on how to fix it.

If anybody has experienced it before and would like to share it, I appreciate that.

Thanks!
-Laurentius

See if the jail agrees that it is running FreeBSD 9:
make -C /usr/ports -V OSVERSION

If that still says 902001, look for that variable being manually set somewhere, maybe in /etc/make.conf. Or it is possible that it really does have a FreeBSD 9 world installed in the jail.

No, do not set OSVERSION, it is supposed to be determined by the system. If it is coming up wrong, setting it will only hide the problem.

I see. In that case, doing make -C /usr/ports -V OSVERSION still returns 902001.

I don't see any variable manually set in /etc/make.conf, except the one that I just added.

If the jail is FreeBSD 9, how can I fix it? Or do you have any other info that you can share?

Thanks!
-Laurentius

Was the host upgraded from FreeBSD 9 to FreeBSD 10? That would explain this.

In that case, yes, the jail needs to be upgraded. After a source upgrade ( make buildworld installworld and then mergemaster(8)) or binary upgrade with freebsd-update(8), then all the ports in the jail must be rebuilt, or reinstalled from packages.

In Thread 49222, when I run sh release.sh on 10.1-RELEASE, also met similar issue. But I had never download 11.0-CURRENT source. Is this because release.sh will get latest source(11.0-CURRENT) in
a chroot(8) environment, which is out of sync with local /usr/ports?

Thanks

Back