Unable to run alacarte (edit main menu)

Hi, I updated my ports a week or to ago, and now I'm unable to launch the main menu editor (deskutils/alacarte). Running version 0.12.1 (the latest version the last time I checked).

I reinstalled graphics/cairo and graphics/py-cairo along with deskutils/alacarte, but it still doesn't work. Already fixed package dependencies.

The output:
Code:
$ alacarte
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/alacarte", line 22, in <module>
    from Alacarte.MainWindow import MainWindow
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 19, in <module>
    import gtk, gmenu, gobject, gio
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 48, in <module>
    from gtk import _gtk
ImportError: No module named cairo

I'm wondering what I'm missing.

cairo (or a variant thereof) is listed as neither a build dependency nor a run dependency for alacarte (nor python, for that matter). Are you sure the error is 'ports based', and not config-based?

dennylin93 said:
Hi, I updated my ports a week or to ago
dennylin93 said:
Code:
$ alacarte
  File "/usr/local/lib/python[color=red][b]2.5[/b][/color]/site-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python[color=red][b]2.5[/b][/color]/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 48, in <module>
    from gtk import _gtk
ImportError: No module named cairo
The red parts don't look good.
Try reading /usr/ports/UPDATING, 20090608.

DutchDaemon said:
cairo (or a variant thereof) is listed as neither a build dependency nor a run dependency for alacarte (nor python, for that matter). Are you sure the error is 'ports based', and not config-based?

If I remember correctly, I haven't altered the settings of alacarte before.

ale said:
The red parts don't look good.
Try reading /usr/ports/UPDATING, 20090608.

Going to try it out, thanks.

Just wondering: Will $ cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages -DUSE_PORTMASTER update all ports that depend on Python or just a few?

Currently, a lot of large ports are installed (OpenOffice.org, Firefox, etc), so it might take a few days if all the ports have to be recompiled.

I upgraded all of the py25-* ports to py26-*. Also switched from python25 to python26 (didn't recompile all the ports though).

This is what I get now:
Code:
$ alacarte
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 19, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gmenu

Back