acd0: DVDR <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N/PT06> at ata1-master UDMA33

It works under Debian Sid or ArchLinux

in /boot/loader.conf i have this :
atapicam_load=YES
hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"
hw.ata.ata_dma="1"

But without success

Any help is welcome

Interesting, these problems are supposed to be solved. There are several things you can try.

You can try setting kern.hz=100 in your /boot/loader.conf file.

You can try starting the film as the root user. After this attempt it might work as a normal user as well. Weird, I know, but that's the way it is.

Some DVDs only let me create ISOs after I played them with mplayer for a second. The whole DVD thing is full of wickedness.

Hello SPlissken,

when using "atapicam" you should use /dev/cd0 instead of /dev/acd0 (referring to hanbook, chapter 18.6.9).
So, in vlc open a DVD by giving /dev/cd0 as source.

If it complains about "Cannot open ...", then you should modify the permissions for /dev/cd* and /dev/pass*. Put yourself in the group operator and make these devices readable for operator, either statically in /etc/devfs.conf or dynamicly in /etc/devfs.rules. For burning issues +rw would be better.

I have that very same problem but only when the DVD was burnt using M$ (Nero .. on XP) at more than 4x ...
Burning the same content at 4x solves the problem for me.

caligula said:
Hello SPlissken,

when using "atapicam" you should use /dev/cd0 instead of /dev/acd0 (referring to hanbook, chapter 18.6.9).
So, in vlc open a DVD by giving /dev/cd0 as source.

If it complains about "Cannot open ...", then you should modify the permissions for /dev/cd* and /dev/pass*. Put yourself in the group operator and make these devices readable for operator, either statically in /etc/devfs.conf or dynamicly in /etc/devfs.rules. For burning issues +rw would be better.

Thanks it works with /dev/cd0 , i achieved to read DVD with xine.
Still have problem to rip it with dvdrip , i will investigate why

Back