Unable to build ports

Ever since I upgraded from 9.1-STABLE to 10.0-RELEASE, it seems every other port just won't build. I always seem to get something along these lines:

Code:
config.status: creating po/Makefile
config.status: executing gettext-fix commands
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --without-libintl
echo done > /usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed/ts-configured
gmake  -C /usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed/sed/..
gmake[3]: Entering directory '/usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed'
make  all-recursive
make[4]: don't know how to make w. Stop

make[4]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed
Makefile:352: recipe for target 'all' failed
gmake[3]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed'
bootstrap.gmk:194: recipe for target '/usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed/sed/sed' failed
gmake[2]: *** [/usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998/out/freebsd.amd64/release/bootstrap/sed/sed/sed] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/devel/kBuild/work/kBuild-0.1.9998'
./kBuild/env.sh: info: rc=2: gmake -f bootstrap.gmk
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/kBuild
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/kBuild

===>>> make build failed for devel/kBuild
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for devel/kBuild failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
  portmaster <flags> emulators/virtualbox-ose devel/kBuild devel/libIDL emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod lang/python27 net/libvncserver net/vde2 sysutils/cdrtools

Code:
 don't know how to make w.

I don't have any special flags set.
I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Any suggestions please.

This seems to be a problem with gmake -C calling BSD make, as is in your case above. gmake sets env variable MAKEFLAGS=w and Global:.TARGETS=w. This causes BSD make to invoke make w and then fail.

I don't know if this was fixed later, but I see this problem with gmake 3.82 and the BSD make that comes with FreeBSD 8.4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I encountered the same issue few days ago and finally found that disabling "ccache" worked around
Try to disable it and kbuild will be successfully built

Please note the OP posted his question almost 18 months ago. I'm pretty sure it's been solved already.

Back