unmounting any drive hangs the terminal

i just mounted a zfs snapshot to restore a file by doing this

Bash:
sudo mount -t zfs zroot/usr/home@fstab /mnt

when i try to unmount /mnt like so it hangs

Bash:
sudo umount /mnt

exactly the same as trying to unmount an nfs share
so the issue is trying to unmount anything hangs the terminal and not just nfs shares

think ill take the nuclear option and wipe the drive and wait for freebsd 12

OK, just tried this on my workstation and no issues unmounting after playing music using audio/cmus. All of my music is hosted on the NAS. Even tried with video using multimedia/mplayer and was able to unmount the directory after stopping the video and closing the player. My workstation drives are SSDs formatted with UFS(2) (no RAID) and the Synology NAS is a 718+ with EXT4 as the file system. ALl of the directories on the NAS I mount either permanently in /etc/fstab or just do at the command line temporarily.

Sorry to report I had no issues, was hoping I could duplicate and help you resolve.

OK, just tried this on my workstation and no issues unmounting after playing music using audio/cmus. All of my music is hosted on the NAS. Even tried with video using multimedia/mplayer and was able to unmount the directory after stopping the video and closing the player. My workstation drives are SSDs formatted with UFS(2) (no RAID) and the Synology NAS is a 718+ with EXT4 as the file system. ALl of the directories on the NAS I mount either permanently in /etc/fstab or just do at the command line temporarily.

Sorry to report I had no issues, was hoping I could duplicate and help you resolve.
Hi Mate

thanks for checking
it seems like a problem with input output and unmounting any drives

i have no idea whats causing the issue

had to switch back to linux on my other machine

i know this will probably mean a lynch mob from the freebsd forums will be organized with flaming torches and pitchforks to hunt me down shouting slogan like kill the penguin lover

No worries! Pretty sure no one is going to break out the pitchforks and torches. I had to laugh at that because i use that phrase from time to time. :)

Back