UIDs keep changing with Samba

Hey friends,
We use samba for SSO. I've been fighting issues with FreeBSD and Samba since the 12.x days and could really use some help. Currently, on all 14.0 boxes (and 13.x for that matter), I have an issue where the UIDs and GIDs aren't reliable. That's an issue with NFSv4 mounts and permissions.

What's more frustrating is that it _was_ working and then suddenly, without a reboot or service failure, UIDs have just started changing.

It is entirely possible we're not doing this right, and if so, would love some feedback.

For instance, azuser (a service account) has the actual unix UID of 1032 in AD (samba with unix extensions). But on FreeBSD clients, the UID is sometimes right and sometimes randomly generated.

I've tried idmap config * : backend = ad but it doesn't work ( gentent passwd doesn't return any AD users because some don't have a unix UID). winbind nss info = template was working, but as previously mentioned, it just stopped working randomly on some boxes.

Code:
id azuser
uid=11120(azuser) gid=10513(domain users) groups=10513(domain users),11120(azuser),11118(washington),11116(nsnetmedia),10001(BUILTIN\users)

Here's the smb.conf:
Code:
[global]
    security = ADS
    realm = DZSEC.NET
    workgroup = DZSEC

kerberos method = secrets and keytab

client signing = yes
    client use spnego = yes

log file = /var/log/samba4/%m.log
    log level = 3

# Additional recommended settings