Tvheadend and minisatip

I'm trying to set up tvheadend with minisatip but it seems like hard going. Has anyone come across a guide for setting this up?

I noticed when booting FreeBSD that it reported:-
Starting tvheadend.......................................................................................................................................................
Feb 14 10:20:33 Vbox tvheadend[813]: satips: use --satip_bindaddr parameter to select the local IP for SAT>IP............................................................
Feb 14 10:20:33 Vbox tvheadend[813]: satips: using Google lookup (might block the task until timeout)...........

Anyone know what this means?

Here are some cmd line options which mentions the above

but I'm not sure what to put in... Is it the IP address of my STB?

I was never able to get tvheadend working correctly on freebsd. Did you use the dev branch from github ? Or did you use ports ?

From time to time I'm checking the tvheadend repo and they were commits specific for the combination IPSAT and freebsd. Maybe you're still on 4.2 ?

I'm using 4.2.8 - not sure of the source, probably a pkg. Is there something more recent available?

And what is the FreeBSD IPSAT combination you refer to?

With IPSAT, I'm not sure how to set that up. When I use my PCTV DVB-S2 USB stick then scanning doesn't pick anything up, but I think that must have something to do with the driver in use - webcamd().

I thought you have to use SAT-IP , but if not , it should work .

My own experience is that , I have never get freebsd and tvheadend running correctly... , but my setup is not that straightforward.

That's why I switched to linux for this case... :rolleyes:

Does the os find your DVB Card and what about tvh ?

Back