Xfce Thunar not updating when file touched and trash not working

Hello all,

After a recent update Thunar has stopped showing trash and updating filesystem icons.
Also it has stopped updating Desktop file creation etc. I know xfcedesktop controls the desktop (I am using latest xfce). I'm recompiling all packages related as I write this.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you all.

Drforbin.

Hello all,

After a recent update Thunar has stopped showing trash and updating filesystem icons.
Also it has stopped updating Desktop file creation etc. I know xfcedesktop controls the desktop (I am using latest xfce). I'm recompiling all packages related as I write this.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you all.

Drforbin.

Hi drforbin,

Observed regression in Thunar and other components of Xfce (especially xfdesktop, xfce4-panel, xfdashboard, this one is completely broken) is due to revision [URL=https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=393663]r393663[/URL]. Support of kevent/kqueue has been disabled in GLib. GVfs depends of GLib, so trash is not functional.

kqueue/kevent has been enhanced in upstream devel branch, 2.45.x.

So Thunar is so far working perfectly fine for me except for the trash. When I move file(s) to the trash, they will be moved to ~/.local/share/Trash/files, but if I click on the "Trash" icon on the left in the navigation bar it's empty. I've checked the permissions, they should be fine.

I have this very same problem the output from my machine is:

Code:
root@ugmm-3:/home/jda # uname -a
FreeBSD ugmm-3.lan 10.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p7 #0: Mon Nov  2 14:19:39 UTC 2015  root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Code:
root@ugmm-3:/home/jda #pkg query "%v %R" glib

2.44.1_1 FreeBSD

I have this very same problem the output from my machine is:

Code:
root@ugmm-3:/home/jda # uname -a
FreeBSD ugmm-3.lan 10.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p7 #0: Mon Nov  2 14:19:39 UTC 2015  root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Code:
root@ugmm-3:/home/jda #pkg query "%v %R" glib

2.44.1_1 FreeBSD

I think, you use the quarterly branch, devel/glib20 has not been updated. To be sure can you post output of pkg -vv | tail -n 9.

In order to resolve your boring problem, you can open new PR, for devel/glib20, saying, the revision r399544 should also be merged into the 2015Q4 branch. You can also contact in private Koop Mast (kwm@) because he's maintainer of GNOME stack. Or use the latest pkg repository.

Back