thunar-archive-plugin help

i installed the thunar-archive-plugin but i can't figure out how to make it work for zip files.
any help would be greatly appreciated

no, that was the first thing i did.

I also installed xarchiver. There is supposed to be a method of setting mime types but i don't have any idea how to do it...i'll keep looking on google i guess.

Ok, what exactly are you trying to do with thunar-archive-plugin and what exactly is happening?

Yes, xarchiver is the "preferred" application for opening archives under Xfce. You're sure you don't have archivers/xarchive instead of archivers/xarchiver? These are two different programs.

As for MIME, don't you have /usr/local/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop?
You may also create a .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications and fill defaults.list accordingly (mime/type=some_name.desktop).

i have the correct one.

the plugin is supposed to allow you to right click on an item and select "archive here" or "unarchive here"

when you select a zip file, it doesn't work because it doesn't understand the mime-type.

for now i'm just using xarchiver, which is fine, but it would be nice if i could get the plugin functioning correctly for zip and rar files.

Back