Thread disappears from "what's new" if an ignored member replies to it.

I'm still waiting for the Foundation to move all their content to the blog instead of their silly journal idea. And blogs themselves are obsolete :rolleyes:

Can we keep the "discussion" where I express my annoyance with a certain person with the initials GP emulating a certain other person with the initials KK in a single thread? I don't care which one.
See posts to my Profile.

And to randomly take down the forum for three days. You're just a nuisance, really. (I'm kidding, in case it's not obvious.)
3 whole days?

Still waiting for a statement from the foundation. :mad:

Seems like they ignore the whole community.
Signal your intention to speak out against them.

And some times some vacation for most notable content ;)
So it is not noted.

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Workarounds

Any/all of the following:

There's a fifth option, debatably the most obvious:
  • use the New posts link to view new posts
1644389845259.png

Sorry for missing that one. I didn't think of it, because I so rarely see it.

I usually see just the essentials, for example (head of the page, note the absence of the New posts link):

1644390742583.png

… German engineer's work. The latter is all about negativity; it is all about things that do not yet work properly. …

I never thought of myself as Germanic, except for when someone in France described my spoken French as being slightly Germanic (not English) in its pronunciation.

Technically (doc, ports and src): when I make pull requests, bug reports and so on, it's very rarely with a negative stance; it's always to make something better. I'm sorry that I lack the expertise to close the loop on much of what I report.

I do understand that some people prefer to not see links (to bugs, PRs, code and so on), however: linking is more concise than quoting, and there's no pleasing some people.

… If you need moderators to censor the content, the group is ill - better leave it. …

I shouldn't allow a tiny percentage of offenders to spoil things for the masses.

… We are only here to hand out the participation trophies. And some times some vacation for most notable content ;)

Crivens I imagine that you're to thank for the recent clean-up of some content, including my own. To whoever cleaned up: the thanks are sincere, the disappearances were no loss to me, most remarkable was what remained and last but not least: sorry that moderation became necessary.

This morning I stumbled across some hidden content from a few months ago. Two gross breaches of netiquette, however they're in proximity to each other and for the grosser of the two, it's remarkable that the offender later benefited from moderation. I don't imagine that these historic breaches were contributory to the later moderation, so (not my style) I don't intend to report the grosser of the two so long after the event.

You don't have any recent posts there.

View all comments made under that posts. The posts of "a certain person with the initials GP", a deplorable display of moral bankruptcy and personal attack based on outright lies unlike anything I have seen here since becoming a member of this forum in 2012.

What's worse, once I presented documentation to show without a doubt he had lied like the proverbial egg-sucking dog, had manipulated other people to believe those lies and come to his aid, he skipped off without a word as if nothing had happened. His only comment after to cuss me and that his reputation was still alright in other places.

And not one word was said in disapproval of his actions by anyone in this forum. Including members who backed him after being drawn in by his lies, forum members who had not commented, forum Staff, Moderators or Administrators. Only comments like those made by Alexander in response to the posts I made when he called me a bastard that I was off-topic in calling him out.,

Instead, I was given a vacation from posting of 3 months and told to Step Back till after the start of the year and "Look Within", parroting a comment I had made previously and something people only do when they think it is witty.

That to prevent me from speaking out on the way history was being rewritten, both in statement made I could refute and actions taken in an attempt to ghost me by those in positions of favor within the Foundation.

With the added threat of further sanctions levied against me if did not learn from this lesson and know my role in the Hierarchy of importance in the Community, while defining theirs in a show of rallying to the defense of the guilty parties to levy sanctions intended to silence me, break me down and bring me back into the role of cheerleader and useful idiot in the community that had ostracized me.
Yes. Every post I've made here since my return Jan. 1st 2022, even to the music thread or to my Profile, has been under Moderation before being cleared for Public viewing.

While "a certain person with the initials GP" is free to continue on with the approval of his behavior, that behavior now deemed acceptable and the new normal by community standards

The vacation more like a trial separation in an abusive relationship that did nothing to heal any indignation I've endured from the people they protected as instructed by their Superiors. Those individuals still enjoy favored status today in spite of their actions being common knowledge to The Foundation, who inadvertently made my case for me by sanctioning me.

If the posts to my Profile I referenced should disappear I will post it in full on my site, which has never received the backing of or been acknowledged by The FreeBSD Foundation or FreeBSD.org in any fashion whatsoever. Except to have me sanctioned here, in their forums, which could not have been well thought out as being productive.

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

He knows why he's been put on moderation although he claims something else entirely here. As it's a personal issue I'm not going to say anything more about it.

When I click-to-reveal here, part of it's like entering a parallel universe. R.I.P. Erwin Schrödinger; how lucky you were to not witness such modern-day confusions.

Accentuate the positive: page, reload. OTM 🌻

Do you know what separates a parallel universe, and delusions, from reality?

Documentation.

I wrote about all this before I got sent on vacation. There will be a 2-3 month gap in posts between then and Jan 1st, 2022.

I'll continue this on my site.

Or you can use "Mark forums read" :)

Without paying attention to numbers, I got it down from 2,445 (2021-07) to an eye-catching 1,111 (2022-02) then 923 (today). Reading maybe half a million posts in a year is not bad, and I don't plan to visit the topics that comprise the 923 unread posts, so I set the counter to zero.

What's new? Nothing!
1646380105341.png

Thanks bsduck for seeding the thought :)

Back