Thinkpad T61 (Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M) Xorg errors.

I'm running Xorg on a ThinkPad T61 and the graphics card is an NVIDIA G86 [Quadro NVS 140M]

X seems to work ok although there are numerous error when exiting. Having read numerous threads regarding NVIDIA supported I'm not sure if I have the best driver.

When I try running KODI I get:-

Code:
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"

Doesn't that suggest a driver error?

Please post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Is there a particular section of /var/log/Xorg.0.log. to look at as I'm struggling to post it (too many characters)

pciconf -lv | grep -B3 display

Code:
vgapci0@pci0:1:0:0:    class=0x030000 card=0x20d817aa chip=0x042910de rev=0xa1 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'NVIDIA Corporation'
    device     = 'G86 [Quadro NVS 140M]'
    class      = display

Is there a particular section of /var/log/Xorg.0.log. to look at as I'm struggling to post it (too many characters)
Post it on pastebin or something similar and provide the link.

NVIDIA's driver isn't correctly setup. It falls back to the old NV driver. For your card you have to use the older x11/nvidia-driver-340. Also see Thread 52311.

EDIT: Hmm, judging by the log you already seem to have that version installed. Do you have any kind of xorg.conf?

It looks like it never tried to load the driver. Create /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf:
Code:
Section "Device"
	Identifier "Card0"
	Driver     "nvidia"
EndSection

[QUOTE="tobik, post: 314722, member: 17951"
EDIT: Hmm, judging by the log you already seem to have that version installed. Do you have any kind of xorg.conf?[/QUOTE]

No there is no xorg.conf

It looks like it never tried to load the driver. Create /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/nvidia-driver.conf:
Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
    Driver     "nvidia"
EndSection

I added this section and the original error disappeared and was able to load up Kodi, but Kodi crashed when I tried to run one of the add-ons..

There were also quite a number of errors when I logged out of xorg which weren't there before.

Code:
libpng warning: iCCP:  known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP:  cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
Bus error (core dumped)

I notice these errors do not appear in Xorg.0.log

Back