The message editor not work smoothly

I mean the editor for this text, several times, the message editor has no cursor and no text can be input.
After a lot of tries, the editor is loaded so that I can post this message.

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like a local problem to me. I've been using this forum for quite some time now and can't reproduce anything even remotely. Are you using any plugins with Chrome? Maybe some kind of ad blocker which became a bit too zealous?

I don't use Chrome myself but am a rather vivid Opera user (Opera is build on Chromium) and I never had issues with the editor.

I personally don't use Chrome, and never had an issue with the text boxes. Have you tried a different browser? Just to rule out a specific browser issue.

I personally don't use Chrome, and never had an issue with the text boxes. Have you tried a different browser? Just to rule out a specific browser issue.

Tested in order:
MS Edge: waited for about 1 minute until the editor appears (Windows 10 Pro on my notebook)
FireFox: waited for about 20 seconds until the editor appears (Windows 10 Pro on my PC in the same LAN with the notebook)

BTW: Why don't you use chrome?

MS Edge: waited for about 1 minute until the editor appears (Windows 10 Pro on my notebook)
FireFox: waited for about 20 seconds until the editor appears (Windows 10 Pro on my PC in the same LAN with the notebook)
So you basically have the same issue with different browsers? That's odd.

Why don't you use chrome?
I've used Firefox ever since it became available. Now I'm so used to it I don't like to change.

Just for reference, I'm currently on Windows 10 Home (64 bit) and using Firefox 63.0.1 (64-bit) while typing this message. I don't see any noticeable delays or issues with the editor.

Only on very slow connection it take some time to load the editor.
To see it yourself you can try to reload with F5 or CTRL+F5 in IE or Edge and you will notice that the editor window is loading (appear) after a small delay of 0.5-1s. also the top red border of the web page.

1541610457564.png

Might be interesting to see if the BBcode editor is causing it or not, just click on the cogwheel icon at the far right of the editor box. The editor should flip between a WYSIWYG type editor and one that shows the actual BBCode.

The loading time is the same with or w/o BB Code.

edit:
if i reload the page most of the data is taken from the cache and the reloading time is 893ms.

I try it on my old laptop (800Mhz) and the web page is loading for 5.59s with total transfer of 1.21Mb so maybe the problem is in your connection speed to the website.

Did you keep your OS up to date?

Attachments

• 1541618784884.png
    1541618784884.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 172
You can try to reset your browser settings or try to access the forum from another device in the same network that you are using to check if the problem is in your device or network. For example open the forum from your smartphone.

It could be anything. I mean – it's Windows. Could be the local firewall , anti-virus software or other kind of malware scanner, or any other piece of software interfering with network access. Maybe you even got a virus, trojan or other kind of malware that's causing the problems. You should probably better ask at a Windows forum, not here.

You could also try to use another XenForo-based forum and check whether the same problem occurs there. That would indicate whether the problem is related to the network or to the forum software itself.

Back