Solved The knock of amd64 freebsd cannot listen for information.

Hello everyone.
I encountered a problem using kncock on amd64's freebsd:
Knockd cannot detect any correct signals.
Background environment: after the OS installation is complete, run.
1. pkg install knock.
2. Set up the conf file for knockd.
3. Knockd-d-I em0-c knock.conf.
4. Use knock freebsd_ip port*N on windows11.
5. Amd64 freebsd and amd64 centos7 are installed in VMware Workstation Pro; armv7 freebsd is on raspberry pie.

Amd64 freebsd figure:
freebsd.png

Armv7 freebsd figure:
pi.png

Amd64 centos7 figure:
centos.png

When amd64 freebsd is in the client-side knock, knockd_log listens for no information.
When armv7 freebsd and amd64 centos7 are on the client side of knock, knockd_log can listen to the information of knock.

Did I miss something?

FreeBSD doesn't support port knocking out of the box ??? Why is it that the operation on armv7 is the same, but can be used out of the box?
1694535957794.png

What am I supposed to do?

To add, the freebsd version is 13.2.

FreeBSD doesn't support port knocking out of the box ???
You read that right, that's why you need to install external package.

When armv7 freebsd and amd64 centos7 are on the client side of knock, knockd_log can listen to the information of knock.
armv7 is 32bit right? If it works on 32bit arch and doesn't work on 64bit one, something is probably messed up in the code, you'll need to debug it :)

You read that right, that's why you need to install external package.

armv7 is 32bit right? If it works on 32bit arch and doesn't work on 64bit one, something is probably messed up in the code, you'll need to debug it :)
yes,armv7 is 32bit right. the freebsd version is 13.2 (armv7 amd64)

使用 FreeBSD-13.2-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso 重新安装 i386 的失败保持不变。
我不明白为什么 armv7 的敲门是正常的。

我认为某种配置应该有所不同

The failure to reinstall i386 using FreeBSD-13.2-RELEASE-i386-dvd1.iso remains unchanged.
I don't understand why armv7's knocking is normal.

I think some configuration should be different

1694550540275.png

请不要发布文本截图。

这似乎与您之前写的任何内容无关。

I didn't notice the comma in the test before.
Tested again, failed.
This number has been updated

I deployed netbsd separately using knock0.8.
success
1694550825745.png

So what happened to the freeBSD of i386 and 64?

Amd64's freeBSD12 and 14beta are also successful.

So there is still a change in the kernel configuration of i386 and admin64's freeBSD13 or a problem with the APP of knock.

freeBSD12.4_64.png

FreeBSD14_beta.png

Hi,
Yep I can confirm your saying roywu , knock doesn't work anymore on 13.2, I specify "anymore" because I've already played with it on 13 or 13.1 (I don't remember exactly) and it was okay.
I've tested it on 12.4 today and it works. If I can I'll do some tests on RPI.
It looks like a bug report on Bugzilla is needed, if you don't or can't do it I will do it tomorrow.

Agreed, I've tested it this morning also and reported it as well.
Freebsd 13.2 and 12.4 have knock version 0.5 but it only works in 12.4.

Ports/packages have the same version for all supported versions of FreeBSD. There's only one ports tree.

The latest package repository has version 0.8,1 and the quarterly repository has 0.5_1,1. That's the case for FreeBSD 12.x, 13.x, 14.x and 15.x. All -RELEASE versions use the quarterly package repository by default, -STABLE and -CURRENT use the latest repositories by default.

After changing repos to latest on freeBSD13.2, install knock8 and everything is fine.

This means that knock5 in quarterly is not valid for freeBSD13.2.

It should be that freeBSD13.2 has been modified in some places. Because freeBSD12 is normal.

1695120275263.png

Back