Synth: Introducing new custom package repository builder for FreeBSD and DragonFly

Chris, it's not mounting linprocfs internally. It doesn't matter what the system has.
Oh. I see. I was just appreciating the differences from what talsamon showed, and my system. As my system happily built linux_base_c6 && nvidia-driver-304.

Thanks for the clarification, John.

--Chris

Nope. The /usr/ports/packages folder didn't even exist, until I created it, prior to launching ports-mgmt/synth. Which is why I was confused by talsamon's post.

synth(1) doesn't use that directory. launch synth configure if you don't know where the packages directory is.

I can reproduce this kldloaded error. I think it's a chicken-egg issue with ports variables (it's not really what the issue is)

Code:
Math/atlas ignored
00:00:03 Reason: has to be built manually: Optimizes for the local machine

what is this?
Exactly what it says. The port says it can't be built as a package.
This is a PORTS SPECIFIC issue.
You might want to start looking at the port Makefiles for questions like that.

Code:
ls /var/log/synth/|wc -l

Where are the rest?

Edit: had I to buld for each package one thousand of dependencies and the next time once more?

emulators/linux_base-c6 does not build for me with version 0.98_5 as expected. (Just tried)

Not to break up a good conversation, but is the feature for using official packages when possible going to be optional? I assume so, but would just like to know for sure. If that's been mentioned already I missed it.

I don't know what "optimal" means.
If the package meets the requirements, it downloads it. It might not build anything at all, but rather download everything.

It is horrible. I want to make the packages in more parts not "in one". Now I start again and it build the third time the compiler, so I come never to an end.

Code:
ls /var/log/synth/|wc -l

where are the rest?
Edit: had I to buld for each package one thousand of depencies and the next time once more?

I can't parse your "edit", I don't know what you are asking.

Did you update your ports tree after you started building? You know that if something like perl or python gets updated, it pretty much wipes out all the packages on the next build and you have to rebuild almost everything right? That's how these things cascade.

Ir is horrible. I want to make the packages in more parts not "in one". Now I start again and it build the third time the compiler, so I come never to an end.

Unless you are using "force", it does not rebuild packages unless it has to. I'm not sure what you are doing, but what you are describing is not happening to anyone else. You probably need to describe EXACTLY the process that you are using.

talsamon, it should probably be noted here that local modifications to port Makefiles can undoubtedly affect building some packages at some point depending on what you changed and are outside the control of synth(1). Maybe that is part of the problem here? I've not had any such problems as your having on my machines. If you do have local modifications you should start with a clean slate and the issues may go away.

Local modifications should not matter to synth(1), that is against the port philosophy. This would mean I can nothing change in the ports.
Now I try to make all packages for all ports I have installed at once (this is what I not want, cause I can't user my machine not for hours). If this not will work I give it up.

I think he means that you may have modified the ports tree, not that you are using custom options.

Back