Suggestions for video editing tools?

Until now the only thing I've done with video is watch, but can anybody recommend tools for the following tasks:
  • Basic cut/copy/paste (for making montages, cutting scenes, that sort of thing)
  • Scaling and format conversion (command line tools are ok)
  • Error correction (ditto)
  • Ripping/inserting/stripping audio
  • Other effects: fading, blurring, adding title screens/captions etc. etc.
Thanks in advance,

Fonz

Cinelerra works fine under linux emulation. Cinelerra is also the best opensource video editor. I use it for six years now on FreeBSD.

Version 0.8 had some problems on FreeBSD, and was quite unstable due to very new features, that's why I decided to hold it back. Last month we fixed most of this stuff on a 5-days meeting, and 0.8.2 will be out possibly tomorrow, so the wait is at end.

Thanks for your patience.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the update. I will continue waiting patiently. Better to wait for something that works, then to rush into something that eats my vids. :)

Thanks for the hard work on this!!

avilla@ said:
Version 0.8 had some problems on FreeBSD, and was quite unstable due to very new features, that's why I decided to hold it back. Last month we fixed most of this stuff on a 5-days meeting, and 0.8.2 will be out possibly tomorrow, so the wait is at end.

Thanks for your patience.

Well, the wait was very long, but here we are: Kdenlive 0.8.2 is in ports! Enjoy!

Back