Sudden shutdown

Hello!
Over a year I experience a problem with my 10y old computer - sudden shutdown (not reboot - just power turns off in 1 second).
I have FreeBSD 13.2-STABLE + Xorg + XFCE4 on my home computer.

I'm guessing this problem related with overhitting, but I'm not sure.
I don't load my CPU with any heavy usage CPU programs. Mostly I just read web.

Could you recommend me a soft / steps to find root on this problem?
thnx!

Is it a Thinkpad? Some of them are prone to do this when the wlan card develops electrical problems. Remove it, carefully clean the contacts (You do have ESD gear, yes?) and refit. That helped my x230, but I need to do it again soon.

Is it a Thinkpad? Some of them are prone to do this when the wlan card develops electrical problems. Remove it, carefully clean the contacts (You do have ESD gear, yes?) and refit. That helped my x230, but I need to do it again soon.
This is not a laptop.

Looks like a hardware problem. How often does this happen? Does the problem still occur on one stick of RAM?
If not RAM, then the power supply. And if it's not the memory and the power supply, I would restore the BIOS to factory defaults and take the computer to a service center.

note: there is not 13.2-STABLE. we have 13-STABLE and 13.2-RELEASE (or 13.3)
It's 13.3-STABLE at this time, 13.2-STABLE is entirely possible if stable/13 was built before releng/13.3 was branched off.
Code:
TYPE="FreeBSD"
REVISION="13.3"
BRANCH="STABLE"

The version changes from 13.2-STABLE to 13.3-PRERELEASE to 13.3-STABLE.

This might need coretemp or amdtemp to be loaded if it isn't already loaded. coretemp is for intel CPUs and amdtemp is for amd CPUs.
thanks! I have loaded this AMD module and have now such picture (from sysctl):
dev.cpu.5.temperature: 57.0C
dev.cpu.4.temperature: 57.0C
dev.cpu.3.temperature: 57.0C
dev.cpu.2.temperature: 57.0C
dev.cpu.1.temperature: 57.0C
dev.cpu.0.temperature: 57.0C

I will try to make a cron script to log every minute temperature and will analyze results when have a problem next time.

Maybe you have some script that updates large git repos? Some time ago I owned the x220T and it could handle almost everything, except cloning src and ports, it overheated and rebooted.

dark.initr0 By any chance were you doing any new installations or fiddling with settings?

I posted here a while back about random shutdowns myself. This wasn't too long after doing some things with the linuxulator. I didn't get to finish what I was doing but those settings and some things I installed are still there which makes me wonder if that started the problem.

For what it's worth, my x230 does this also while running other OSes. This can be a hardware thing.

dark.initr0 By any chance were you doing any new installations or fiddling with settings?

I posted here a while back about random shutdowns myself. This wasn't too long after doing some things with the linuxulator. I didn't get to finish what I was doing but those settings and some things I installed are still there which makes me wonder if that started the problem.
I have compiled kernel (just commented some lines). I don't use linuxulator.

Back