Subversion

Well, I am not going to change till the Base System changes. When the Base System comes bundled with GIT I will adapt to change and survive.

I have not changed the way I've been doing things, and as usual, it still works for me like I want it to and it is supposed to:

portsnap fetch update
pkg audit -F
freebsd-update fetch

Don't make things any harder on yourself than need be, teo, or harder than they are.

Would you please explain why there was such an uproar about people installing a GIT client on their machines if it comes bundled with the Base System?

It could have a Toyota in there but I want to use the Dodge Charger with Hurst 4 Speed I've been driving the last 16 years. When they remove it I'll drive the Toy, and fix my Drivers Ed Tutorial to reflect it.

Right now it can be used as usual and I'm not going to change the way I do things or my tutorial till that is no longer the way it is shipped.

Then I'll let the two that stole it make revisions and steal it from them.
No, that's wrong. I'll make the changes and they'll steal it from me.

I haven't recieved a response or had any success with anything I've done so far.

The Death Sentence is a little radical compared to my usual online Lesson Plans. But that is an optional plan of action that came to mind for one person. From the Devil, most likely.

I voiced it upstream but they must not be concerned because I have not heard anything from them either.

But I have already laid out the basis for a guilt trip on them in my letter.

When the Devil talks, sometime I listen. And i don't hear anyone saying "So sorry... So very sorry..." *sobbing*

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Surprisingly, there are quite a few people who are not aware of major projects like FreeBSD, KDE, Linux kernel, and the like moving to git... Even on these forums, I came across a few people who needed to be reminded of the fact that their cached copy Handbook is outdated, as well... it's flabbergasting. I think that if I did run into someone like that IRL and expressed my flabbergasted amazement at just how oblivious the user is - they would probably sob...

Base system comes with gitup, which helps you get started...
I still cannot find gitup in the official, up to date handbook (that describes git itself), and not on my up to date base installations; I still have to install it by port or package. I think you're wrong - gitup doesn't come with the base system. At least currently.

I've been using gitup and git on various machine's /usr/src and /usr/ports and still had to
do about 20 minutes of searching to find again, how to install a /usr/src via git
in the most sparse way on 13-stable this week... and used
git fwiw.

git clone -b stable/13 --depth 1 https://git.freebsd.org/src.git src just so the above post isn't not informative. [ the forum breaks the url in two, ignore... ]

Tried checking out /usr/src for v13 stable with git and gitup... the former stalled and hung
consistently before 80 percent complete, switched to the latter, which
after several stalls, completed with no /usr/src...
Code:
gitup: load_object: local file /usr/src/sys/contrib/openzfs/scripts/zfs-images not found
, this after 295MB or so downloaded which vanished...
Someone knows how to continue-where-left-off and/or --ignore-error
Or, in case the fixes aren't readily available, if the man pages could include
where to download or ftp src.txz and how to extract it as
a workaround.
EDIT: the file above could not be extracted without errors. These three
problems solved by an rsync from a known good source.
Buildworld was then able to proceed with the help of recent settings from
a thread in this forum to thin it down.

Back