Subversion and passwd

Hello,

I use SVN with getting the source code. However, each time I need to enter the password.

So, far I saw that normally it asked once first instance to press p for permanently.
However it seems that the newer versions do not prompt permanent.

Which fix might be used here with the command line

thank you

I will try. I guess that comes from the new world, needing more security, so thats the point to add pass all time. just a guess.

A word of advise, Apache themselves moved to Git, and Subversion is being poorly maintained since then. I can quite guess this is a solid message of what they will do. That said I would be looking to move to something else, either Git, Mercurial, Darcs or wherever you prefer to not be caught in the last minute.

That's for the SSL certificate, installing security/ca_root_nss should fix this.

This however sounds like a password on your SSH key.
it sounds quite strange to me that we cannot have it by default after pkg install -y subversion.
but I can give a try.

Actually, if newer gens of subversion have no prompt for permanent, maybe a fork for bsd would be needed.

A word of advise, Apache themselves moved to Git, and Subversion is being poorly maintained since then. I can quite guess this is a solid message of what they will do. That said I would be looking to move to something else, either Git, Mercurial, Darcs or wherever you prefer to not be caught in the last minute.

I am sorry but I cannot move to Microsoft.
Just matter of principle.

That's the final end - by the end of all computer sciences, resistance fights to keep open source operating systems still available. A good move from Microsoft would be to make a sort of deal with manufacturers to remove legacy and to lock completely the PC, so that you need to hack and to root the PC to install any free opensource operating systems.

it sounds quite strange to me that we cannot have it by default after pkg install -y subversion.
You only need security/ca_root_nss in order to properly verify internet SSL certificates. If you only use subversion internally you don't need it. Why would it need to force a dependency that not everyone needs?

I am sorry but I cannot move to Microsoft.
I've told you this before, it's Github that's now owned by Microsoft. This has absolutely nothing to do with git itself.

You only need security/ca_root_nss in order to properly verify internet SSL certificates. If you only use subversion internally you don't need it. Why would it need to force a dependency that not everyone needs?
I believe that typing all the time again and again the pass can be taking time, but it can be also better sometimes for some cases.
The less installed, the better of course.

If it asks for a password it's not the SSL certificate. You might want to actually investigate the issue as you seem to mix up various different components and appear to lump everything together.

That's the final end - by the end of all computer sciences, resistance fights to keep open source operating systems still available. A good move from Microsoft would be to make a sort of deal with manufacturers to remove legacy and to lock completely the PC, so that you need to hack and to root the PC to install any free opensource operating systems.
Blah blah blah .... boooring. Not only is there no relation at all to the suggestion to move away from svn (a good one, I consider svn obsolete at this time), it also shows you didn't follow Microsoft's strategy at all. Selling operating systems isn't a priority any more now for many years.

Back