stuck at welcome to freebsd.

Just to make sure: rm -rf /etc/X11/* /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/* /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.

And please post the output from kldstat.

Just to make sure: rm -rf /etc/X11/* /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/* /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.

And please post the output from kldstat.
IMG_20210818_163838.jpg

Please don't post pictures of text, just copy/paste the information. Looking at the output, the amdgpu kernel module isn't loaded. What does sysrc kld_list output?

"your /etc/rc.conf or /etc/rc.conf.d/amd file:
Remove that /etc/rc.conf.d/amd file. And enter sysrc kld_list="amdgpu". Then reboot. After the reboot verify with kldstat if the kernel module is correctly loaded.

I'm completely lost when it comes to ATI/AMD videocard identification though. I'm not entirely sure if that amdgpu is the correct one for your RX580 videocard.

Remove that /etc/rc.conf.d/amd file. And enter sysrc kld_list="amdgpu". Then reboot. After the reboot verify with kldstat if the kernel module is correctly loaded.

I'm completely lost when it comes to ATI/AMD videocard identification though. I'm not entirely sure if that amdgpu is the correct one for your RX580 videocard.
Thanks a lot kind Sir!!!
It worked!
Btw what is kld? Kernel load? Kernel daemon?
And shutdown -r now and reboot are same right? Instead of waiting for 15 sec with reboot command i can use shutdown -r now right?

Btw what is kld? Kernel load? Kernel daemon?
kldstat(8), kldload(8), kldunload(8). The /etc/rc.d/kld boot script makes it easy to load kernel modules from kld_list during boot.

And shutdown -r now and reboot are same right?
Not exactly. They'll both restart the machine that's correct. But a shutdown -r now will gracefully stop all services before restarting whereas reboot will kill processes before rebooting. You should always use shutdown -r now so services are correctly shutdown before the reboot.

Back