Steam - Valheim closing on launch

Hail FreeBSD community!

I am Moxie, a pleasure to meet you!

I have installed 64-bit FreeBSD 12.4-RELEASE with gnome 42.4 using ports on my P53 Lenovo laptop.
I am committed to FreeBSD, I have been in the audio scene quite a while and OSS on 12.4 is breathtaking.
However now I need help... I have installed steam using the git "linux-steam-utils" however after installing the Linux release of Valheim it closes immediately after it's launched... I suspect this is some kind of DRM issue. I have installed drm kmod libs etc I am also using nvidia-driver. I'd love to give specific screenshots and troubleshooting diagnostics! Please advise which are required and I will promptly provide the details!

Thank you!

Hail FreeBSD community!

I am Moxie, a pleasure to meet you!

I have installed 64-bit FreeBSD 12.4-RELEASE with gnome 42.4 using ports on my P53 Lenovo laptop.
I am committed to FreeBSD, I have been in the audio scene quite a while and OSS on 12.4 is breathtaking.
However now I need help... I have installed steam using the git "linux-steam-utils" however after installing the Linux release of Valheim it closes immediately after it's launched... I suspect this is some kind of DRM issue. I have installed drm kmod libs etc I am also using nvidia-driver. I'd love to give specific screenshots and troubleshooting diagnostics! Please advise which are required and I will promptly provide the details!

Thank you!
Have you tried executing from the steam directory ?
From my experience nvidia is supported better from the steam linuxulator i have succeed to run many many games and even Dying Light but with crazy physics one punch would make the zombie fly away lol.

I got Steam woking by installing from the ports tree followed by installing the git version.
12.4 doesn't play nice with my Lenovo P53, I tried 13.1 & 13.2 and it was much easier...
Sadly I feel the newer releases didn't preserve the uaudio magic that 12.4 has.
(I'm not crazy, everything affects audio... keeping "the magic" is hard to define so I wont try you measure yourself, I'll even provide a recording for you).
I am shattered that I could never get my xbox elite series 2 gamepad to work properly... If only it accepted the DKMS "Xone" git software. I tried the antimacro version and that's not a solution for people who play on hard mode.
I will note that 12.4's audio is mostly preserved if you start at 12.4 then follow the upgrade process to 13.2 (takes a while to due though, so be prepared to feel the same as the first time you tried to install gnome by the ports tree.
-Here's the unaltered room recording of my audio with a samsung galaxy at 9:13
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWm0OzApbgc

-Feel free to compare it against the original track be warned though I have been tinkering for years more than I should...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrq0LxgBDMY

I am currently sorting though steam decks neptune package list to try work out where it's broad compatibility is coming from and I have ruled out quite possiblities in regards to hardware and depencies and something fishy is going on...
My dream is one day FreeBSD will catch up to the likes of RHEL9.1/OL9.1/Clear Linux in terms of gamepad and video driver support, or at the very least tell me how to replace ALSA on linux with FreeBSD's out of the box audio... I could finally get back to making music and would owe an eternal debt.

Back