Solved ssh X forwarding: swrast_dri.so error

Sometimes I log in to FreeBSD from Linux or Windows, and when I launch some X applications over ssh, for example:
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose vlc
I get this error:
Code:
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
libGL: dlopen /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15 required by /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so not found)
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
It seems there's a version mismatch, but I don't know exactly where -- most likely in the FreeBSD server.
Thanks for your help

GLIBCXX is a typical Linux message. It's from the GNU C library which FreeBSD doesn't use, FreeBSD has its own C library implementation. So it's more likely it's the client that's giving the error. Unless you're trying to run a Linux binary on FreeBSD using the Linux emulation?

This error also appears when I log in from Windows with PuTTY and the Xming X server.

I'm running FreeBSD 9.3 on the server (probably at the time it used GCC / GNU C), I have enabled Linux emulation, but I don't use it now.
I'll upgrade soon to FreeBSD 10.2, and I won't need any Linux compatibility.

I get this error when I run FreeBSD native applications like: gnumeric, vlc, libre office, etc.
I hope a video player (vlc) could run over ssh with X forwarding, I only log in from the same gigabit LAN.

I'm running FreeBSD 9.3 on the server (probably at the time it used GCC / GNU C),
GCC and the GNU C Library don't have anything to do with each other. GCC on FreeBSD links to the FreeBSD C Library.

Back