Solved SSD Disk question

I will buy a ssd disk (Kingston uv400) for my t400 lenovo, I would have to tune something when installing FreeBSD 11?
i would like to use ZFS filesystem

what is your question?
With Freebsd you can use AutoZFS install
Disable UFI bios use legacy
freebsd run very fast on this laptop. I use mate as my desktop and use slim as my windows login

what is your question?
With Freebsd you can use AutoZFS install
Disable UFI bios use legacy
freebsd run very fast on this laptop. I use mate as my desktop and use slim as my windows login

if i had to tune something to take advantage of a ssd disk, or I do not have to worry about that

One thing I found with running FreeBSD on an SSD disk is that it boots up so fast that some process that require a network connection startup before the network configuration has finished starting up itself which affects other programs that need a network connection to get going. There are a lot of ways to handle this, but the easiest way is to use the rc.conf netwait to make sure network connectivity is up before continuing:

Code:
#
# NETWAIT
#
netwait_enable="YES"            # Enable rc.d/netwait (or NO)
netwait_ip="x.x.x.x"       # IP addresses to be pinged by netwait.
netwait_timeout="60"            # Total number of seconds to perform pings.
netwait_if="em0"                # Interface name to watch link state on.
netwait_if_timeout="30"         # Total number of seconds to monitor link state.

replace netwait_ip value with some IP address that should be up and pingable when your local if is up.

One thing I found with running FreeBSD on an SSD disk is that it boots up so fast that some process that require a network connection startup before the network configuration has finished starting up itself which affects other programs that need a network connection to get going. There are a lot of ways to handle this, but the easiest way is to use the rc.conf netwait to make sure network connectivity is up before continuing:

Code:
#
# NETWAIT
#
netwait_enable="YES"            # Enable rc.d/netwait (or NO)
netwait_ip="x.x.x.x"       # IP addresses to be pinged by netwait.
netwait_timeout="60"            # Total number of seconds to perform pings.
netwait_if="em0"                # Interface name to watch link state on.
netwait_if_timeout="30"         # Total number of seconds to monitor link state.

replace netwait_ip value with some IP address that should be up and pingable when your local if is up.

Thanks for the tip,i'l try it

Back