Solved Split Screen Disaster in Byobu

I like Byobu. I have come to it from terminator, yakuake, etc. The disaster in Byobu is that when one is running a build in one of the tabs in a split screen/window and try to highlight and copy text in another tab in the same screen/window, one cannot get selected text to be highlighted. And if you do while holding on the mouse button and try to copy (with right-click copy), one will end up grabbing text from the build scrolling at a jet speed.
I am not good at using shortcut keys for it though, that might be different. I already know enough to jump among tabs, windows, etc Any suggestions?

I like Byobu. I have come to it from terminator, yakuake, etc. The disaster in Byobu is that when one is running a build in one of the tabs in a split screen/window and try to highlight and copy text in another tab in the same screen/window, one cannot get selected text to be highlighted. And if you do while holding on the mouse button and try to copy (with right-click copy), one will end up grabbing text from the build scrolling at a jet speed.
I am not good at using shortcut keys for it though, that might be different. I already know enough to jump among tabs, windows, etc Any suggestions?
The resolution is to build/install in a tab. One shouldn't split that tab/window/screen. Open a new tab/screen/window for other tasks.

Back