Sound card issue

Hi,my sound card uses the snd_hda driver,
the following are two ways to set up my sound system,the first works well,but the second fails.
***********first*******
Code:
kldload snd_hda
cat file>/dev/dsp
# now ,I can play music.

**********second*******
adding the following line to the file /boot/loader.conf
snd_hda_load="YES"
#reboot my computer,it does not work, and I find 3 files in the /dev directory,dsp0,dsp1,dsp2.
the file dsp is not found.
I can hear some noises when I transfer some text to /dev/dsp1 using cat file>/dev/dsp1 command
dsp0 and dsp2 do not work using the similar way.

can anyone tell me where the troublemakers are?

by the way, a simple question.
How to repair the boot manager.
sorry for my bad english ,it is not my mother language.

thanks

Probably you have another sound card in your system (like HDMI port on video card). Sometimes they are detected in different order. Read `cat /dev/sndstat` output, verbose boot messages and snd_hda man page.

mav@,
I have a HDMI port on video card,but I want to know how to resolve this problem, thanks.
Code:
#cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2009061500/i386)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <HDA ATI R6XX HDMI PCM #0 Digital> at cad 0 nid 1 on hdac0 [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/0r:0v channels simplex default)
pcm1: <HDA Analog Devices AD1984A PCM #0 Analog> at cad 0 nid 1 on hadc1 [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex)
pcm2: <HDA Analog Devices AD1984A PCM #1 Analog> at cad 0 nid 1 on hdac1 [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex)

As written in snd_hda:
Code:
sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=1
It will change default /dev/dsp device mapping.

mav@,thanks
it works, but my head phone does not work.
the sound does not disappear,when I plug in my head phone.
and my head phone no sound.
can you help me again?

May be your codec configured to provide headphones via separate device (pcm2). Difficult to say without seeing verbose boot messages.

I repeat once more, READ THE MANUAL PAGE!

mav@,
thank you very much,and I will take your suggestion,
go ahead on the way to learning FreeBSD, sometimes I may be confused by some difficulties, and you brings me the currage to go on....
thanks again...

Back