Some big FreeBSD graph

Off topic probably... Complete newbie to svg here. Worked fine in inkscape, I wanted to save it to png or something to view it larger. Two image programs could not load it. I tried loading it in opera, X froze, exited X, which rebooted the machine to fsck. Well and good, but for once opera came up with most settings (speed dial...) (toolbars...) defaulted to a new install. A quick
Code:
 find . -type f -newer [some older file] -depth 1 cp -v {} /tmp/.opera \;
in .opera and I could restore older versions from an rsync backup. Opera restored to pre-crash status... The good news, now that the rsync (gjournal) is mounted I can do an incremental backup...

jb_fvwm2 said:
Off topic probably... Complete newbie to svg here. Worked fine in inkscape, I wanted to save it to png or something to view it larger. Two image programs could not load it. I tried loading it in opera, X froze, exited X, which rebooted the machine to fsck. Well and good, but for once opera came up with most settings (speed dial...) (toolbars...) defaulted to a new install. A quick
Code:
 find . -type f -newer [some older file] -depth 1 cp -v {} /tmp/.opera \;
in .opera and I could restore older versions from an rsync backup. Opera restored to pre-crash status... The good news, now that the rsync (gjournal) is mounted I can do an incremental backup...

You can't save it to png, it requires far to much memory....
I created it with graphviz....

Thanks. Optipng, or inkview, operating on the png/svg, resulted in yet another backup of the browser files from the gjournal. I should probably make an alias "svgview" or something to warn against trying large svg files (greater than the size supplied to view with inkview) again.

I can view it in inkview no problem.

Anyway, when (and if) I finish it, I want to have entire FreeBSD.org relations and structure in it. (currently Only key teams)

Under what license do you release this file?

If you're not familiar with open source documents license, I'd recommend a Creative Commons one and more specifically CC-BY 3.0, as it's the one rather close of the BSD license.

Well, only 1.5 g ram at this particular machine. Maybe that was the problem. At any rate, now I have the command "svgview" available which just puts a warning about crashes to the terminal...

My 1.25G RAM linux laptop views it okay in Opera. I mean, where okay means that there's a lot of distantly connected points and gobs of white space and everything slows to a crawl and the machine pages stuff in and out of swap like crazy.

If I try it with gnome image viewer it just spins and spins until all the RAM & swap are eaten up and then I have to reboot.

My goodness! Vector graphics are worse than fork bombs. LOL

It is not the first time I open an SVG, but this time it reached a higher plane of awesomeness hahaha. I tried opening the file on different applications and every time it managed to fill the small memory and +150 MB of swap. The system was unresponsive for a few seconds, then the application was killed due to running out of swap space.
Contrary to jb_fvwm2 and fronclynne though, the machine did not crash/freeze/reboot.

On the bright side (or is it?), I discovered a 24th bad sector on my system disk. Ouch. Reminds me I must replace that disk some day. So, thank you killasmurf86. I guess. :)

Lol.
Just updated graph, remove ex-developers... improved visibility :D
Hmm, how much ram do you have?
I have 2.5G (and I'm running ZFS)
No problem with SVG in inkscape

Back