Solved [Solved] Xorg compilation errors

I am attempting to update x11/xorg per the instructions and during the compilation, I see the following error message constantly:
Code:
make: "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.xorg.mk" line 146: warning: Couldn't read shell's output for "/usr/local/bin/X -version 2>&1 | sed -n 's;^X\.Org X Server \([^ ]*\).*;\1;p'"
I believe I should be concerned about this but I do not know what needs to me done on my system to resolve it.

I am currently running:
Code:
FreeBSD aloha 10.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p7 #0: Tue Jul  8 06:34:23 UTC 2014     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Thank you.

Re: Xorg compilation errors

Nevermind, it appears that security/libgcrypt needs to be rebuilt.

I get the following error when attempting to run the command found in the Makefile /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.xorg.mk:
Code:
root@aloha:/usr/ports/x11/kde4 # X -version
Shared object "libfreetype.so.9" not found, required by "X"

The error is from X being present but not being able to run. That should not happen if you follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Thanks @wblock for the reply. I read the /usr/ports/UPDATING file and found some very interesting info in there that is helping me out with some other X issues I am having. Thanks for reminding me about it :beer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back